What We Offer
If you are highly motivated and like the challenge and complexity of working with businesses, then the Business Banking concentration may be the right choice for you. Through business development and financial analysis, you'll serve a diverse array of clients with loan products and a full range of value-added financial products and services.
The Business Banking concentration focuses on credit products, underwriting, risk management and business development techniques. Upon graduation, you'll be ready to assume responsibility as a Business Development Officer, Credit Analyst or Commercial Portfolio Manager.
As a Business Development Officer, you'll develop, manage and service the needs of our business clients.
- Creating financial and credit profiles for our business clients
- Developing, approving and servicing business loans
- Reviewing and documenting accounts
- Monitoring loans to ensure complete conformity with terms
- Developing community contacts and relationships
- Cross-selling other bank products and services
- Maintaining excellent credit and portfolio management skills
- Keeping abreast of changing business trends that impact small business and commercial clients
Credit analysts provide analytic support to relationship managers, credit officers and various departments.
Responsibilities may include:
- Analyzing and evaluating financial statements
- Completing cash flow analysis, projections and documentation
- Supporting risk management of existing loan portfolios
- Providing risk grading and troubleshooting support
- Conducting industry research
As a Portfolio Manager, you'll support regional credit teams and relationship managers by providing objectivity and a risk management focus.
- Ensuring the integrity of the underwriting process
- Evaluating risk grades assigned to the credit
- Monitoring adherence to established risk management standards
- Ensuring completeness of the underwriting file content
- Reviewing portfolio-level reports for key risk management issues
- Complying with credit review standards