What We Offer
If you are highly motivated and like the challenge and complexity of working with businesses, then the Business Banking concentration may be the right choice for you. Through business development and financial analysis, you'll serve a diverse array of clients with loan products and a full range of value-added financial products and services.
The Business Banking concentration prepares Associates for roles in Commercial Credit Administration and the Community Bank. The training focuses on financial statement analysis, credit underwriting and risk management. Associates will also learn business development techniques and client management skills. Initial assignments may be in credit risk management, sales support or credit analysis functions. All roles require a balance of strong interpersonal and analytic skills.
- Assist Commercial Bankers with developing, servicing, and expanding business relationships with clients
- Assist with credit underwriting and driving the loan closing process
- Ensure loan packages are complete and accurate
- Monitor sales activity and help drive sales efforts
- Monitor the accuracy and integrity of data within loan packages
- Ensure that new and renewed credit requests are thoroughly analyzed
- Ensure credit packages adhere to compliance standards
- Work with variety of tools and processes to ensure compliance with BB&T credit standards
- Monitor the accuracy and integrity of data within loan requests
- Complete financial statement analysis, projections of cash flow analysis, using a variety of financial analysis templates.
- Assist in the evaluation of loan requests by discussing complex financials and performing initial underwriting analysis
- Utilize established credit standards to monitor the quality of loan requests
- Conducting Industry Research