Recent Success Stories
Our lending performance exhibits an outstanding level of commitment to meeting the credit needs of the communities we serve.
- In 2010, our Community Development lending totaled $701.3 million.
- In 2011, our Community Development lending totaled $841.1 million.
BB&T works diligently with government agencies, tax-credit syndicates, and non-profits to seek investment and charitable contribution opportunities. Our corporate investments include Low-Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC), Historic Rehabilitation Tax Credits (HTC), Small Business Investment Company (SBIC) and several other impactful offerings. The majority of our investments support affordable, multifamily rental projects.
BB&T annual investments total as follows:
Community Development Services
To help Community Development Corporations and other community-based service organizations become self-sustaining in their endeavors, BB&T has partnered with the National Development Council to establish our Capacity Building Program.
BB&T employees have also provided community development services to organizations such as:
- Atlanta Urban League
- Maryland Economic Development Assistance Authority and Fund
- Housing Partnership of Winston-Salem/Forsyth County, Inc.
- Community Investment Corporation of the Carolinas
- Coalition for Nonprofit Housing and Economic Development