Eight Steps to Simplify Your Finances
If time is a precious commodity for you, here are eight ideas to save time and reduce the stress and anxiety of managing your financial affairs.
- Enroll in direct deposit. It eliminates trips to the bank and eliminates the risk of your checks being misplaced, stolen, or lost in the mail.
- Sign up for overdraft protection. By linking your checking account to a line of credit, your savings account, or your credit card, you avoid the cost, hassle, and embarrassment of a bounced check.
- Set up automatic recurring transfers from your checking account to your savings account. Establish an automatic savings plan. Over time, regular, automatic transfers to a savings account add up.
- Use BB&T OnLine Bill Payment. It’s free and takes just minutes. Plus, it’s safer and more convenient than sending paper checks.
- Consolidate your financial relationships. Working with one financial institution that is capable of meeting all your financial needs is much easier than dealing
- Consider personal financial management software. BB&T works seamlessly with Quicken and QuickBooks, which makes handling your finances easier and quicker.
- Build a rainy-day fund. Be ready for unexpected expenses, or have extra funds available for that special vacation. Many financial experts recommend having four to six months of income saved.
- Review your investments. Make sure your asset allocation matches your time horizon and risk tolerance.