You can customize your account in the following ways:
- Choose how your sweep works.
You have three flexible options for “sweeping” funds back and forth.
- Automated Sweep – You designate a minimum and maximum amount of cash to remain in your checking account. Funds will automatically flow back and forth from your brokerage account to your checking account to maintain those designated levels.
- Automated Zero Balance Sweep – All available cash in your checking account will automatically flow into your brokerage account each night. Funds flow back as needed to cover checks, debit card purchases and other withdrawals.
- Self-Directed Sweep – You determine when to transfer cash between your checking account and your brokerage account.
- Choose where to maintain your short-term sweep funds.
Based on your instructions, available cash will flow from your checking account into taxable or tax-free options, including one with the security and protection of FDIC insurance.
- Choose how to interface with longer-term investments.
When a security is sold, or interest or dividends are credited to your account, the proceeds can be automatically invested into the sweep option of your choice. Additionally, the purchase of a security can be covered automatically with funds from the chosen sweep option.
More Benefits for Wealth Clients
Enjoy even more perks—all included in the Vantage Suite of Services
- Bonus rates on CDs and IRAs
- Tiered interest rates on your checking account
- Preferred rates on home equity lines of credit1
- Preferred rates on auto loans1
- Additional discount on Discount Brokerage stock trades
Banking with BB&T
- Mobile check deposit2
- BB&T Alerts2
- BB&T Identity Protection3 (enrollment required)
To learn more about the Vantage Asset Management Account or the entire Vantage Suite of Services from BB&T, contact an advisor or call us at 800-228-9798.