We're all in this together
It takes more than just money to build better communities—it also takes a human connection.
By building relationships within our communities, we're looking to address the challenges people face every day. Things like affordable housing, health care, and nutrition. Our grants also help with longer-term solutions, such as access to capital for small businesses, vocational training, and mentoring.
- The creation, preservation and/or renovation of affordable rental housing and housing for purchase by LMI borrowers
- The development of comprehensive solutions to meet market needs to increase the inventory of affordable housing
- Organizations that advocate on issues related to affordable housing
- Housing sustainability to include eviction, foreclosure and displacement prevention
Essential Community Services
- Operations/programs that focus on providing health care, mental health, elder care and addiction services to LMI individuals and families
- Programs that provide a comprehensive approach to self-sufficiency
- Operations/programs that focus on providing access to healthy foods to LMI communities
Small Business Access to Capital
- Nonprofits (CDCs, CDFIs, SBICs, etc.) providing access to capital and/or technical assistance needed for small businesses, including support of minority- and women-owned businesses
- Nonprofits providing access to capital and/or technical assistance to businesses located within government-designated business districts targeted for revitalization or stabilization
- Programs that focus on skillset development that results in job improvement for LMI individuals to earn a livable wage
- LMI youth/adult development programs that have a focus on mentorships, apprenticeships, job training and/or scholarships for trade schools/college
- Programs that eliminate barriers to work (such as transportation programs, soft skills training, childcare)
Ready to apply for a grant?
Truist Bank, Member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender.
New York City residents: Translation or other language access services may be available. When calling our office regarding collection activity, if you speak a language other than English and need verbal translation services, be sure to inform the representative. A description and translation of commonly-used debt collection terms is available in multiple languages at www.nyc.gov/dca.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is now Truist Bank. Learn more.
BB&T and SunTrust have merged to become Truist. Both institutions will continue to offer independent product lines for a period of time. This may include differing underwriting guidelines, product features, terms, fees and pricing. Our friendly teammates at your local SunTrust branches will be happy to walk you through their respective products. You can also learn more by contacting them at 800-SUNTRUST or SunTrust.com.