At every level of our organization, we've made a commitment of loyalty to our clients. To succeed in this goal, our multicultural strategy is to attract and retain diverse clients and associates across our organization—so that we reflect the communities we serve.
For non-English speaking clients, or those who prefer to conduct business in another language, we offer:
- Multilingual associates at many of our financial centers to ensure personal service for all clients
- Materials about some of our products and services in Spanish, Korean, Vietnamese, Mandarin and other languages spoken in the communities we serve
- A Spanish version of our website
- Financial education podcasts for Spanish-speaking clients
- Email or text message alerts in Spanish to notify clients of important account activity
- Phone assistance in Spanish at 800-BANK-BBT (800-226-5228), option 9
- Assistance in many other languages through our language line, available at our financial centers and through BB&T Phone24 at 800-BANK-BBT (800-226-5228)
We offer banking, insurance and investments to clients in fourteen states and Washington, DC. We're adding multicultural banking centers within our footprint every day. Visit us today so that we can make your financial goals a reality.
Move your small business in the right direction with real-world tools and information you can start using today.
Our small business resources can help you:
- Learn how to start a business
- Guard against the risks that could limit your success
- Find new ways to grow your business
BB&T offers secure ways for you to prepare financially for retirement, college and more.
- We provide several ways to invest to help you find the level of independence or support that you're looking for
- Our retirement planning advisors can help you find the best individual retirement account (IRA) for you
- Our online investment account access gives you tools to research stocks and make trades online
- Our BB&T Wealth advisors work with you to create, implement and nurture a customized financial plan
When your employer is a BB&T@Work member company, you can take advantage of an exclusive package of discounts and savings on BB&T financial products and services such as:
- A BB&T@Work checking account
- Online and mobile banking with personal financial management tools through U by BB&T®
- Access to online financial training to help you take control of your financial future, reducing financial stress in your life
Whether you're a first-time or experienced home buyer, you'll want to explore your mortgage options.
We can help you learn more about:
- What you need to get started
- Low down payment programs
- Choosing your first home—and maintaining it
Our commitment to you
Read what our Chairman and CEO has to say about our dedication to reflect the communities we serve.
Kelly King on the BB&T commitment to diversity and inclusion
BB&T is committed to doing business in a way that clearly demonstrates to all of our stakeholders that we respect and value the relationship they have chosen to have with us.
We understand that a critical factor in the continued success of these relationships and ultimately our business is a true commitment to diversity and inclusion.
It is a business imperative that the diversity of our workforce and our board of directors reflects the demographics of our clients, communities, and shareholders. BB&T has an enduring commitment to a diverse and inclusive environment that starts at the top of our organization and impacts the decisions we make each day.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion:
- Helps us create innovative products and provide superior client service
- Strengthens our ability to attract and retain associates with different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and skills and advance their careers
- Supports the economic growth of our communities through outreach efforts
- Fosters strong partnerships with diverse suppliers and business owners
- Positively impacts business revenues with increased sales, profits and greater returns for our shareholders
As a company and a culture, BB&T has embraced diversity and inclusion as a compelling growth strategy in our markets, in our boardroom and in the workplace.
Kelly S. King
Chairman and CEO
It's part of our philosophy to make our communities better places to be. One of the ways we do this is by sharing our financial knowledge. We invite you to try a course called Bank on Your Success at one of our multicultural financial centers, or take advantage of these online resources.
Establishing good financial habits
To meet your goals in life, it's helpful to adopt positive behaviors with your money. With regular practice and repetition, the following 10 habits can guide you toward a sound financial future.
1. Organize your financial information and records
Start a file for bank statements, bills, receipts, loans and tax records. Or go paperless with online banking to access all your account history. Knowing where important financial information is located will save you time and aggravation.
2. Prepare a budget
A well-defined budget suited to your specific needs will help you identify potential areas for reducing expenses. Once you know where your money is being spent, any money left over can be saved.
3. Take advantage of direct deposit
Receive your money quicker by having your employer directly deposit your paycheck into your checking or savings account. You'll eliminate worrying about lost checks, waiting in line to make deposits, or delays if you're on vacation or out of town.
4. Set up an automatic draft into savings
Arrange for a portion of your pay to be put in your savings account automatically through your bank or employer. You can't spend what you don't have available in your checking account, and you'll be on your way to saving for that vacation, car or home.
5. Participate in your employer's 401(k) program
If your employer offers a retirement plan like a 401(k), sign up! With the power of compound interest, saving just a little will really add up—and because the money is taken out of your paycheck pre-tax, you probably won't even miss it. Many employers offer matching contributions, so you're missing out on free money if you don't participate.
6. Prepare a personal balance sheet
Having a current snapshot of your net worth is a good way to keep yourself on track financially, and can be handy when you're considering applying for a loan. Over time, you'll be able to monitor your progress toward your long-term financial goals.
7. Balance your checking account regularly
Monitoring your account helps prevent overdraft fees and the embarrassment of bounced checks. To help know how much you have at all times, sign up for online banking. Set up alerts to receive important balance information.
8. Pay your bills online
It's easy, and you won't have to worry about stamps or driving to the post office to send those last-minute checks. If you have regular monthly payments, like an auto or student loan, you can set up recurring payments and they'll be paid automatically on the day of the month you choose.
9. Pay the maximum amount you can afford on your credit cards each month
Making only the minimum payment due will cost you more in interest, and it will take much longer to pay off the balance. For example, paying just $25 a month on a credit card with a balance of $3,000 and an annual percentage rate of 17% will cost you $2,241 in interest and will take you 10.5 years to pay off your balance in full!
If possible, pay the balance in full each month. To avoid unruly balances, use a debit card instead to pay for everyday expenses, and buy only what you can truly afford.
10. Check your credit score
Your credit score and history are vital to your overall financial well-being. Keeping an eye on both will help you better understand your credit. All three credit bureaus—Equifax, Experian and TransUnion—allow you to check your score for free, once every 12 months. Simply visit FreeCreditScore.com (opens in a new tab).
BB&T is committed to providing interactive tools and training programs to increase financial education for all ages.
BB&T Supplier Diversity Program
We provide multiple opportunities for diverse suppliers, including participation in the vendor selection process and diverse supplier events.