Accessibility at BB&T
Enabling everyone to access our services
BB&T is committed to providing the perfect client experience. We greatly value the diversity of both our clients and associates and appreciate their individual differences, including gender, race, creed, sexual orientation, military status and disability.
Our commitment to digital accessibility
At BB&T, our mission is to help our clients achieve economic success and financial security. BB&T recognizes the importance of creating meaningful online and mobile experiences, and we're aware of the challenges that users with disabilities have in using technology not suited to their needs.
BB&T has made an organizational commitment to ensure that all our digital information and services are accessible to people with disabilities. We've taken the following actions to put that commitment into practice.
- We've established an accessibility program to support our digital technology.
- We're corporate associate members of the International Association of Accessibility Professionals (IAAP)(opens in a new tab).
- We create our digital content with accessibility in mind, including the W3C's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 at Level AA(opens in a new tab), ARIA(opens in a new tab) and PDF Universal Accessibility(opens in a new tab) standards. We're particularly excited about building the best accessible experience we can as we transform our digital content from BB&T to Truist, so look for even better accessibillity support as we roll out our new website and mobile applications.
- We conduct usability testing with people who have disabilities to make sure our digital information and services are understandable and easy to use.
Recommended assistive technologies
We create our digital content to be accessible with a wide selection of user agents and assistive technology applications by following international standards and guidelines. For the best customer experience, we recommend the following user agents and assistive technology apps:
- On desktop, use the most recent version of the free NVDA(opens in a new tab) screen reader with the most recent NVDA-compatible version of the Firefox(opens in a new tab) web browser.
- On iOS devices, use the VoiceOver screen reader.
- On Android devices, use the TalkBack screen reader. Samsung users with Voice Assistant can get TalkBack by downloading the Accessibility Suite from the Google Play Store.
If you're experiencing accessibility issues with our websites or mobile apps because of your disability, there are several ways you can request help or provide feedback:
- Call our customer service support at 800-BANK-BBT (800-226-5228)
- Hearing impaired clients can call us via TDD at 888-833-4228
- Contact our ADA Team
- Visit our contact page to see additional options for requesting assistance with issues not related to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Our support team will investigate the issue and get in touch with you. We thank you for helping us in our commitment to make BB&T services more accessible for everyone.
Branch Banking and Trust Company, Member FDIC.
New York City residents: Translation or other language access services may be available. When calling our office regarding collection activity, if you speak a language other than English and need verbal translation services, be sure to inform the representative. A description and translation of commonly-used debt collection terms is available in multiple languages at www.nyc.gov/dca.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is now Truist Bank. Learn more.
BB&T and SunTrust have merged to become Truist. Both institutions will continue to offer independent product lines for a period of time. This may include differing underwriting guidelines, product features, terms, fees and pricing. Our friendly teammates at your local SunTrust branches will be happy to walk you through their respective products. You can also learn more by contacting them at 800-SUNTRUST or SunTrust.com.