BB&T Online Banking Agreement to Receive Electronic Communications
Effective September 9, 2015
As used in this Disclosure, "Account" means your checking, savings, money market, loan, line of credit, credit card or any prepaid card account you have with us. "Communication" means any customer agreements, amendments, disclosures, notices, our responses to your claims, transaction history, privacy policies and all other information related to the Account, product or service, including but not limited to, information that we are required by law to provide to you in writing. "Online Service" means BB&T Online, BB&T Small Business Online and any other online product or service offered through our website in which you have enrolled that is not otherwise governed by an electronic disclosure and consent. "We", "us" and "our" means the BB&T entity where your Account is held, and "you" and "your" means the individual(s) or entity using the Online Service.
By selecting the "I Agree" button below, you are agreeing to the following:
- We may provide all legal or regulatory Communications associated with the Account or with the Online Service, including Communications about a change in the terms of your Accounts or the Online Service and privacy notices. Your consent to receive electronic Communications does not automatically enroll you in our online statement service. You must complete a separate enrollment to stop receiving paper statements.
- We may deliver the Communications to you by any of the following methods: (a) by posting a notice and making the information available to you through the Online Service; or (b) by sending the information to an email address you have provided to us; or (c) to a wireless device you have designated; or (d) to the extent permissible by law, by access to a website that we will generally designate in advance for such purpose; or (e) any other electronic means we have mutually agreed upon. Delivery of electronic Communications by any of these methods will be considered "in writing" and you intend that the electronic Communications have the same legal effect as written and signed paper communications. You agree to promptly notify us of any change in your contact information, such as your email address or mobile phone number. You can update your contact information through the Online Service.
- You may withdraw your consent to receive electronic Communications by updating your preference through the Online Service or by contacting us at 888-BBT-ONLINE (888-228-6654). If you withdraw your consent to receive electronic Communications, we may terminate your access to the Online Service.
- You may obtain paper copies of the electronic Communications by printing them within the Online Service or by calling BB&T Online Support at 888-BBT-ONLINE (888-228-6654). There is no fee for paper copies.
- The minimum hardware and software requirements to access and retain the electronic Communications are: A personal computer or other device with operating system and telecommunications connections to the Internet capable of receiving, accessing, displaying and either printing or storing electronic Communications; a browser, such as Internet Explorer 6.0 or later, with 128-bit encryption; sufficient electronic storage capacity on your computer's hard drive or other data storage unit; and software that enables you to view files in the Portable Document Format ("PDF").
By selecting "I Agree", you acknowledge that you are able to electronically access and retain the Communications.