Best if you
- Would like an interest-bearing account
- Have a mortgage or other high balance account with BB&T
- Like free or discounted checks
- Want a second featured checking account with no maintenance fee Disclosure 1
- $100 minimum opening deposit
- See all pricing and fees.
Not convinced yet?
Elite Gold includes a number of extras plus convenient access options.
Keep tabs on your account
- Use U by BB&T®, our customizable online and mobile banking experience, to monitor your BB&T and non-BB&T accounts, pay bills, set and track spending, manage your receipts and more
- Receive important account alerts by email or text
- Choose online statements for convenient access to your account statements from your computer or mobile device
Ready to get started?
Understanding Your Overdraft Options (Video)
Learn how to manage your accounts with overdraft protection and overdraft review.
What Can U Do for Me? (Video)
See how U by BB&T can make managing your money easy and convenient.
Ready to get started?
Not convinced that an Elite Gold account is right for you?
Select your state
See our Bank Services Agreement (PDF) for more information.
Learn more about your account, including fees and ways you can avoid them.
Service fees may apply. Please see our Personal Services Pricing Guide for details.
A penalty may be imposed for early withdrawal from certificates of deposits (CDs).
Automatic overdraft protection transfer fees may apply. See our Personal Services Pricing Guide for more information. Other account types may also be used for overdraft protection. Please see your local BB&T financial center for more options.
Four (4) no-BB&T-fee non-BB&T ATM transactions per statement cycle.
Fees from your mobile or data carrier may apply. A monthly service fee applies if you choose to access your online banking financial data through QuickBooks® or Quicken® Direct Connect.
Subject to credit approval.
Investment solutions are provided by BB&T Investments and BB&T Scott & Stringfellow, divisions of BB&T Securities, LLC (opens in a new tab), member FINRA (opens in a new tab)/SIPC (opens in a new tab). BB&T Securities, LLC is a wholly-owned nonbank subsidiary of BB&T Corporation. Securities and insurance products or annuities sold, offered or recommended by BB&T Investments and BB&T Scott & Stringfellow are not a deposit, not FDIC insured, not guaranteed by a bank, not insured by any federal government agency and may lose value.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is a Member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender.