Best if you
- Are concerned about balance or direct deposit requirements
- Don't have other deposit or loan accounts with BB&T
- Predictable fee makes budgeting simple
- Low opening deposit
- No minimum balance requirement
- No direct deposit requirement
- $50 minimum opening deposit
See all pricing and fees.
Enjoy these additional benefits
- Option to personalize your debit card
- Securely deposit checks from your smartphone or tablet with mobile check deposit Disclosure 1
- Free access to more than 2,400 BB&T ATMs
- Unlimited automated account information through BB&T Phone24 at 800-BANK-BBT (800-226-5228)
- U by BB&T money management tools, including a customizable dashboard, cash back with BB&T Deals and personal payments
Keep tabs on your account
- Use U by BB&T®, our customizable online and mobile banking experience, to monitor your BB&T and non-BB&T accounts, pay bills, set and track spending, manage your receipts and more
- Get important account alerts by email or text
- Choose online statements for convenient access to your account statements from your computer or mobile device
Ready to get started?
U by BB&T: Budgeting (Video)
Learn more about the budgeting tool from U by BB&T.
Understanding Your Overdraft Options (Video)
Learn how to manage your accounts with overdraft protection and overdraft review.
What Can U Do for Me? (Video)
See how U by BB&T can make managing your money easy and convenient.
Ready to get started?
Not convinced that a Fundamentals Checking account is right for you?
Select your state
See our Bank Services Agreement (PDF) for more information.
Learn more about your account, including fees and ways you can avoid them.
Account eligibility requirements apply. Mobile check deposit is available for iPhone, iPod with camera, iPad version 2 and higher, iPad mini and Android. A camera is required.
This product is not available in Pennsylvania.
Fees from your mobile or data carrier may apply.
Subject to credit approval.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is a Member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is now Truist Bank. Learn more.
BB&T and SunTrust have merged to become Truist. Both institutions will continue to offer independent product lines for a period of time. This may include differing underwriting guidelines, product features, terms, fees and pricing. Our friendly teammates at your local SunTrust branches will be happy to walk you through their respective products. You can also learn more by contacting them at 800-SUNTRUST or SunTrust.com.