BB&T and SunTrust are now Truist
Both institutions will continue to offer independent product lines for a period of time. This may include differing underwriting guidelines, product features, terms, fees and pricing. Learn more.(moves focus)
Best if you
- Are considering a balance transfer
- Will carry a balance from month to month
- Want a low interest credit card
- Enjoy Visa's® Zero Liability unauthorized purchase protection Disclosure 1
- Earn money easily with BB&T Deals. Log in to U by BB&T®, pick a deal, shop with your credit card and earn cash back
- Take advantage of travel and emergency assistance services and auto rental collision damage waiver Disclosure 2
Visit Visa(opens in a new tab) to learn about additional card benefits.
Not convinced yet?
The BB&T Bright credit card allows you to set your own card controls and enjoy added security.
Set your own card controls
Get customizable card control features in U by BB&T® that let you choose when, where and how your card is used:
- Turn your card off instantly if you temporarily misplace it
- Set geographic limits for fraud protection
- Manage spending by transaction type or dollar limit
Enjoy added security
- Add an extra layer of security with fraud alerts—we'll text, email or call you if we suspect suspicious activity
- Guard against unauthorized credit card use with Visa's Zero Liability Policy(opens in a new tab)
- Monitor your credit with VantageScore®, provided by Equifax®—your free score and detailed review are updated regularly so you can be confident in your credit decisions
Ready to get started?
Open an account online.
Locate a branch.
The Visa® Zero Liability Policy(opens in a new tab) covers US issued cards and does not apply to certain commercial card transactions or any transactions not processed by Visa. You must notify BB&T immediately of any unauthorized use. For specific restrictions, limitations and other details, please consult your cardholder agreement.
Certain terms, conditions and exclusions apply. In order for coverage to apply you must use your covered Visa card to secure transactions. Please refer to Visa's Guide to Benefits for further details.
BB&T Bright APR for purchases and balance transfers is 0% for 15 months. After that, the APR is determined monthly by adding 7.99%-16.99% to Prime Rate. BB&T Bright 12.74% to 21.74% APR (annual percentage rate), BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards 14.74% to 23.74% APR, and BB&T Spectrum Travel Rewards 14.74% to 23.74% APR are variable rates tied to The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) Prime + 7.99% to 16.99% (BB&T Bright), and the WSJ Prime + 9.99% to 18.99% (BB&T Spectrum) based on credit history. The Prime Rate used to determine your APR is a variable rate and is the highest prime rate published in WSJ as of the first day of the month. WSJ Prime currently is 4.75% as of January 31, 2020.
Fees from your mobile or data carrier may apply. A monthly service fee applies if you choose to access your online banking financial data through QuickBooks® or Quicken® Direct Connect.
The information provided is not intended to be legal, tax, or financial advice. BB&T hopes you find this information useful but we cannot guarantee that it is accurate, up to date, or appropriate for your situation. Financial calculators are provided to assist you in estimating the approximate costs associated with any bank activity. Your actual costs may vary. You should consult with a qualified attorney or financial advisor to understand how the law applies to your particular circumstances or for financial information specific to your personal or business situation.
Loans, lines of credit and credit cards are subject to credit approval.
See our Cardholder Agreement (PDF).
FCRA Risk-Based Pricing Notice: The terms offered are set based on whole or in part on information obtained in a report from the consumer reporting agency listed below. You have a right under the Fair Credit Reporting Act to obtain a free copy of the report from the consumer reporting agency: Equifax Information Services, LLC, Mail drop H-13, 1550 Peachtree Street, Atlanta, GA 30309, 800-685-1111.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is a Member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is now Truist Bank. Learn more.
BB&T and SunTrust have merged to become Truist. Both institutions will continue to offer independent product lines for a period of time. This may include differing underwriting guidelines, product features, terms, fees and pricing. Our friendly teammates at your local SunTrust branches will be happy to walk you through their respective products. You can also learn more by contacting them at 800-SUNTRUST or SunTrust.com.