BB&T and SunTrust are now Truist
Both institutions will continue to offer independent product lines for a period of time. This may include differing underwriting guidelines, product features, terms, fees and pricing. Learn more.(moves focus)
Best if you
- Are looking to establish or rebuild credit
- Want to improve your credit score with responsible spending
- Have been turned down for a traditional credit card
- Want a low interest credit card
- Earn money easily with BB&T Deals. Log in to U by BB&T® , pick a deal, shop with your credit card and earn cash back.
- Earn interest on your security deposit in a BB&T Secured Credit Card Savings account
- Enjoy Visa® Zero Liability Protection against unauthorized purchases Disclosure 1
Visit Visa(opens in a new tab) to learn about additional card benefits.
Not convinced yet?
The BB&T Bright Secured credit card allows you to set your own card controls and helps you keep tabs on your account.
Set your own card controls
Get customizable card control features in U by BB&T® that let you choose when, where and how your card is used:
- Turn your card off instantly if you temporarily misplace it
- Set geographic limits for fraud protection
- Manage spending by transaction type or dollar limit
Keep tabs on your account
- Use U by BB&T, our customizable online and mobile banking experience, to monitor your BB&T and non-BB&T accounts, pay bills, set and track spending, manage your receipts and more
- Monitor your credit with VantageScore® , provided by Equifax® —your free score and detailed review are updated regularly so you can be confident in your credit decisions
- Set up to receive alerts by email or text to avoid overspending, missing payment due dates and more
Credit Reports (Article)
Your credit history may change frequently. By monitoring it on a regular basis, you can be more aware of any fraudulent activity.
How Do I Build Credit? (Article)
Establishing credit is the first step toward future life purchases such as a house or car.
These benefits are provided by Visa. Certain limitations, exceptions and restrictions may apply to these Visa benefits. Please see Visa's credit card benefits for details.
BB&T Bright Secured card 17.24% APR (Annual Percentage Rate), BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards Secured card 19.24% APR, and BB&T Spectrum Travel Rewards Secured card 19.24% APR are variable rates tied to The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) Prime Rate. For BB&T Bright Secured cards, the rate for purchases and balance transfers is determined by adding 13.99% to WSJ Prime. For BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards Secured cards and BB&T Spectrum Travel Rewards Secured cards, the rate for purchases and balance transfers is determined by adding 15.99% to WSJ Prime. The rate for cash advances is determined by adding 18.99% to WSJ Prime. The WSJ Prime Rate used to determine the APR is 3.25% as of September 1, 2021.
Fees from your mobile or data carrier may apply. A monthly service fee applies if you choose to access your online banking financial data through QuickBooks® or Quicken® Direct Connect.
The information provided is not intended to be legal, tax, or financial advice. BB&T hopes you find this information useful but we cannot guarantee that it is accurate, up to date, or appropriate for your situation. Financial calculators are provided to assist you in estimating the approximate costs associated with any bank activity. Your actual costs may vary. You should consult with a qualified attorney or financial advisor to understand how the law applies to your particular circumstances or for financial information specific to your personal or business situation.
The VantageScore® by Equifax® credit score provided in U by BB&T is for educational purposes only. To obtain a free, full copy of your credit report, visit AnnualCreditReport.com(opens in a new tab).
Loans, lines of credit and credit cards are subject to credit approval.
See the Bright Cardholder Agreement (PDF).
FCRA Risk-Based Pricing Notice: The terms offered are set based on whole or in part on information obtained in a report from the consumer reporting agency listed below. You have a right under the Fair Credit Reporting Act to obtain a free copy of the report from the consumer reporting agency: Equifax Information Services, LLC, Mail drop H-13, 1550 Peachtree Street, Atlanta, GA 30309, 800-685-1111.
Truist Bank, Member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender.
New York City residents: Translation or other language access services may be available. When calling our office regarding collection activity, if you speak a language other than English and need verbal translation services, be sure to inform the representative. A description and translation of commonly-used debt collection terms is available in multiple languages at www.nyc.gov/dca.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is now Truist Bank. Learn more.
BB&T and SunTrust have merged to become Truist. Both institutions will continue to offer independent product lines for a period of time. This may include differing underwriting guidelines, product features, terms, fees and pricing. Our friendly teammates at your local SunTrust branches will be happy to walk you through their respective products. You can also learn more by contacting them at 800-SUNTRUST or SunTrust.com.