Best if you
- Are looking to establish or rebuild credit
- Use your card for everyday spending
- Want to be rewarded for your purchases Disclosure 1
- Like more ways to use your rewards, including cash back, statement credit, gift cards, merchandise and more
- Get 3% cash back on gas, 2% cash back on utilities and groceries, and 1% cash back on all other qualifying purchases Disclosure 1 , Disclosure 2
- Get 10% bonus cash when you redeem rewards into your BB&T checking or savings account
- Enjoy flexible rewards you can use for cash back, statement credit, gift cards and more Disclosure 1
- Variable annual percentage rate (APR) of 21.24% on purchases and balance transfers Disclosure 3
- $19 annual fee Disclosure 4
See our BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards Secured Credit Card Disclosure (PDF) for fee details.
Enter your monthly spending to see why it pays to use the BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards credit card.All fields should be US dollars rounded to the nearest dollar. The updated total is announced automatically. It can also be located under the total annual cash back heading.
* Monthly spending amount over $1,000 in the 3% and 2% bonus combined categories earns a flat cashback rate of 1%. 10% bonus for cash back deposited in your BB&T account. Calculations are for estimation purposes only and actual results may vary; see disclosures for more details.
Not convinced yet?
The BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards Secured credit card allows you to set your own card controls and helps you keep tabs on your account.
Set your own card controls
Get customizable card control features in U by BB&T® that let you choose when, where and how your card is used:
- Turn your card off instantly if you temporarily misplace it
- Set geographic limits for fraud protection
- Manage spending by transaction type or dollar limit
Keep tabs on your account
- Use U by BB&T, our customizable online and mobile banking experience, to monitor your BB&T and non-BB&T accounts, pay bills, set and track spending, manage your receipts and more
- Monitor your credit with VantageScore® , provided by Equifax® —your free score and detailed review are updated regularly so you can be confident in your credit decisions
- Set up to receive alerts by email or text to avoid overspending, missing payment due dates and more
You may earn rewards on eligible purchases made with your credit card. Eligible purchases include any signature-based purchase, Internet purchase, phone or mail-order purchase or automatic bill payment, excluding cash advances, traveler’s checks, access checks, balance transfers, money orders, cash equivalents, fees, interest charges, credit insurance, fraudulent transactions, credits and returns (each a qualifying purchase). See the BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards Program Terms and Conditions (PDF) for more information.
There is a monthly cap (first day of a month through the last day of a month) of $1,000 on spend at the bonus rate combination of 3% at gas stations and 2% at grocery store/supermarkets and utilities. Once the $1,000 monthly spend limit is reached, you will earn the base rewards of 1% for those purchases.
BB&T Bright Secured card 19.24% APR (Annual Percentage Rate), BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards Secured card 21.24% APR, and BB&T Spectrum Travel Rewards Secured card 21.24% APR are variable rates tied to The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) Prime Rate. For BB&T Bright Secured cards, the rate for purchases and balance transfers is determined by adding 13.99% to WSJ Prime. For BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards Secured cards and BB&T Spectrum Travel Rewards Secured cards, the rate for purchases and balance transfers is determined by adding 15.99% to WSJ Prime. The rate for cash advances is determined by adding 18.99% to WSJ Prime. The WSJ Prime Rate used to determine the APR is 5.25% as of August 1, 2019.
Other fees may apply. Call 800-476-4228 for fees that may apply or see our BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards Secured Credit Card Disclosure (PDF)(opens in a new tab).
Fees from your mobile or data carrier may apply. A monthly service fee applies if you choose to access your online banking financial data through QuickBooks® or Quicken® Direct Connect.
The information provided is not intended to be legal, tax, or financial advice. BB&T hopes you find this information useful but we cannot guarantee that it is accurate, up to date, or appropriate for your situation. Financial calculators are provided to assist you in estimating the approximate costs associated with any bank activity. Your actual costs may vary. You should consult with a qualified attorney or financial advisor to understand how the law applies to your particular circumstances or for financial information specific to your personal or business situation.
The VantageScore® by Equifax® credit score provided in U by BB&T is for educational purposes only. To obtain a free, full copy of your credit report, visit AnnualCreditReport.com(opens in a new tab).
Loans, lines of credit and credit cards are subject to credit approval.
See our Cardholder Agreement (PDF) for secured cards.
FCRA Risk-Based Pricing Notice: The terms offered are set based on whole or in part on information obtained in a report from the consumer reporting agency listed below. You have a right under the Fair Credit Reporting Act to obtain a free copy of the report from the consumer reporting agency: Equifax Information Services, LLC, Mail drop H-13, 1550 Peachtree Street, Atlanta, GA 30309, 800-685-1111.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is a Member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender.