BB&T and SunTrust are now Truist
Both institutions will continue to offer independent product lines for a period of time. This may include differing underwriting guidelines, product features, terms, fees and pricing. Learn more.(moves focus)
Best if you
- Are looking to establish or rebuild credit
- Travel frequently and want to earn double rewards for your travel purchases Disclosure 1
- Enjoy flexible rewards you can use for travel, gift cards, and more. Plus your miles are worth 75% more in value when redeemed for hotel stays.
- Want to receive statement credit for TSA Pre✓® or Global Entry, and airline incidentals
- Earn 2x miles on air/hotel/car rentals and 1x miles on all other qualifying purchases (unlimited miles available) Disclosure 1
- Earn 20,000 bonus miles when you spend $2,000 in the first 90 days ($200 value)
- Get an $85 credit for TSA Pre✓ or Global Entry Disclosure 2
- Use your annual $50 airline incidental credit toward check bag fees, in flight purchases, and more Disclosure 2
- Variable annual percentage rate (APR) of 19.24% on purchases and balance transfers Disclosure 3
- $89 annual fee Disclosure 4
- No foreign transaction fee Disclosure 4
See our BB&T Spectrum Travel Rewards Secured Credit Card Disclosure (PDF) for fee details.
Enter your monthly spending to see why it pays to use the BB&T Spectrum Travel Rewards credit card.All fields should be US dollars rounded to the nearest dollar. The updated total is announced automatically. It can also be located under the total annual miles earned heading.
* Earn 20,000 bonus miles when you spend $2,000 in the first 90 days (equivalent of $200). Calculations are for estimation purposes only and actual results may vary; see disclosures for more details.
Not convinced yet?
The BB&T Spectrum Travel Rewards Secured credit card allows you to set your own card controls and helps you keep tabs on your account.
Set your own card controls
Get customizable card control features in U by BB&T® that let you choose when, where and how your card is used:
- Turn your card off instantly if you temporarily misplace it
- Set geographic limits for fraud protection
- Manage spending by transaction type or dollar limit
Keep tabs on your account
- Use U by BB&T, our customizable online and mobile banking experience, to monitor your BB&T and non-BB&T accounts, pay bills, set and track spending, manage your receipts and more
- Monitor your credit with VantageScore® , provided by Equifax® —your free score and detailed review are updated regularly so you can be confident in your credit decisions
- Set up to receive alerts by email or text to avoid overspending, missing payment due dates and more
You may earn rewards on eligible purchases made with your credit card. Eligible purchases include any signature-based purchase, Internet purchase, phone or mail-order purchase or automatic bill payment, excluding cash advances, traveler’s checks, access checks, balance transfers, money orders, cash equivalents, fees, interest charges, credit insurance, fraudulent transactions, credits and returns (each a qualifying purchase). See the BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards Program Terms and Conditions (PDF) for more information.
Member is eligible for a statement credit of up to $50 each calendar year on qualifying airline incidental transactions. To qualify, a member must use the BB&T Spectrum Travel Rewards credit card to pay for the airline incidental transactions. A member is entitled to one $85 statement credit per account every four years, in connection with either the TSA Pre✓® ($85) or Global Entry ($100) program. To qualify, a member must use the BB&T Spectrum Travel Rewards credit card to pay the application fee. For complete details on the TSA Pre✓ program, go to tsa.gov(opens in a new tab). For complete details on the Global Entry program, go to globalentry.gov(opens in a new tab). The TSA Pre✓ trademark is used with the permission of the US Department of Homeland Security.
BB&T Bright Secured card 17.24% APR (Annual Percentage Rate), BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards Secured card 19.24% APR, and BB&T Spectrum Travel Rewards Secured card 19.24% APR are variable rates tied to The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) Prime Rate. For BB&T Bright Secured cards, the rate for purchases and balance transfers is determined by adding 13.99% to WSJ Prime. For BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards Secured cards and BB&T Spectrum Travel Rewards Secured cards, the rate for purchases and balance transfers is determined by adding 15.99% to WSJ Prime. The rate for cash advances is determined by adding 18.99% to WSJ Prime. The WSJ Prime Rate used to determine the APR is 3.25% as of September 16, 2020.
Other fees may apply. Call 800-476-4228 for fees that may apply or see our BB&T Spectrum Travel Rewards Secured Credit Card Disclosure (PDF).
Certain terms, conditions and exclusions apply. In order for coverage to apply you must use your covered Visa card to secure transactions. See Visa Guide to Benefits (PDF) for further details.
Fees from your mobile or data carrier may apply. A monthly service fee applies if you choose to access your online banking financial data through QuickBooks® or Quicken® Direct Connect.
The information provided is not intended to be legal, tax, or financial advice. BB&T hopes you find this information useful but we cannot guarantee that it is accurate, up to date, or appropriate for your situation. Financial calculators are provided to assist you in estimating the approximate costs associated with any bank activity. Your actual costs may vary. You should consult with a qualified attorney or financial advisor to understand how the law applies to your particular circumstances or for financial information specific to your personal or business situation.
The VantageScore® by Equifax® credit score provided in U by BB&T is for educational purposes only. To obtain a free, full copy of your credit report, visit AnnualCreditReport.com(opens in a new tab).
Loans, lines of credit and credit cards are subject to credit approval. Offer may not be combined with any other offer or campaign.
See our Cardholder Agreement (PDF) for secured cards.
FCRA Risk-Based Pricing Notice: The terms offered are set based on whole or in part on information obtained in a report from the consumer reporting agency listed below. You have a right under the Fair Credit Reporting Act to obtain a free copy of the report from the consumer reporting agency: Equifax Information Services, LLC, Mail drop H-13, 1550 Peachtree Street, Atlanta, GA 30309, 800-685-1111.
Truist Bank, Member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender.
New York City residents: Translation or other language access services may be available. When calling our office regarding collection activity, if you speak a language other than English and need verbal translation services, be sure to inform the representative. A description and translation of commonly-used debt collection terms is available in multiple languages at www.nyc.gov/dca.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is now Truist Bank. Learn more.
BB&T and SunTrust have merged to become Truist. Both institutions will continue to offer independent product lines for a period of time. This may include differing underwriting guidelines, product features, terms, fees and pricing. Our friendly teammates at your local SunTrust branches will be happy to walk you through their respective products. You can also learn more by contacting them at 800-SUNTRUST or SunTrust.com.