BB&T and SunTrust are now Truist
Both institutions will continue to offer independent product lines for a period of time. This may include differing underwriting guidelines, product features, terms, fees and pricing. Learn more.(moves focus)
Best if you
- Use your card for everyday spending
- Want to be rewarded for your purchases Disclosure 1
- Like more ways to use your rewards including cash back, statement credit, gift cards, merchandise and more
- Get 3% cash back on gas, 2% cash back on utilities and groceries, and 1% cash back on all other qualifying purchases Disclosure 1 , Disclosure 2
- Get 10% bonus cash when you redeem rewards into your BB&T checking or savings account
- Enjoy flexible rewards you can use for cash back, statement credit, gift cards and more Disclosure 1
- 0% introductory Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers Disclosure 3
- Variable APRs ranging from Prime + 9.99% to Prime + 18.99%; current rates are 14.74% to 23.74% Disclosure 3
- No annual fee Disclosure 4
See our BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards Credit Card Disclosure (PDF) for fee details.
Enter your monthly spending to see why it pays to use the BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards credit card.All fields should be US dollars rounded to the nearest dollar. The updated total is announced automatically. It can also be located under the total annual cash back heading.
* Monthly spending amount over $1,000 in the 3% and 2% bonus combined categories earns a flat cashback rate of 1%. 10% bonus for cash back deposited in your BB&T account. Calculations are for estimation purposes only and actual results may vary; see disclosures for more details.
Not convinced yet?
The BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards credit card allows you to set your own card controls and enjoy added security.
Set your own card controls
Get customizable card control features in U by BB&T® that let you choose when, where and how your card is used:
- Turn your card off instantly if you temporarily misplace it
- Set geographic limits for fraud protection
- Manage spending by transaction type or dollar limit
Enjoy added security
- Add an extra layer of security with fraud alerts—we'll text, email or call you if we suspect suspicious activity
- Guard against unauthorized credit card use with Visa's Zero Liability Policy(opens in a new tab)
- Monitor your credit with VantageScore®, provided by Equifax®—your free score and detailed review are updated regularly so you can be confident in your credit decisions
Ready to get started?
Open an account online.
Locate a branch.
There is a monthly cap (first day of a month through the last day of a month) of $1,000 on spend at the bonus rate combination of 3% at gas stations and 2% at grocery store/supermarkets and utilities. Once the $1,000 monthly spend limit is reached, you will earn the base rewards of 1% for those purchases.
You may earn rewards on eligible purchases made with your credit card. Eligible purchases include any signature-based purchase, Internet purchase, phone or mail-order purchase or automatic bill payment, excluding cash advances, traveler’s checks, access checks, balance transfers, money orders, cash equivalents, fees, interest charges, credit insurance, fraudulent transactions, credits and returns (each a qualifying purchase).
BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards APR for purchases and balance transfers is 0% for 12 months. After that, the APR is determined monthly by adding 9.99%-18.99% to prime rate. BB&T Bright 12.74% to 21.74% APR (annual percentage rate), BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards 14.74% to 23.74% APR, and BB&T Spectrum Travel Rewards 14.74% to 23.74% APR are variable rates tied to The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) Prime + 7.99% to 16.99% (BB&T Bright), and the WSJ Prime + 9.99% to 18.99% (BB&T Spectrum) based on credit history. The Prime Rate used to determine your APR is a variable rate and is the highest prime rate published in WSJ as of the first day of the month. WSJ Prime currently is 4.75% as of January 31, 2020.
Other fees may apply. Call 800-476-4228 for fees that may apply or see our BB&T Spectrum Rewards Credit Card Disclosure (PDF).
Certain terms, conditions and exclusions apply. In order for coverage to apply you must use your covered Visa card to secure transactions. Please refer to Visa's Guide to Benefits for further details.
See the BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards Credit Card Terms & Conditions (PDF) for more information.
Fees from your mobile or data carrier may apply. A monthly service fee applies if you choose to access your online banking financial data through QuickBooks® or Quicken® Direct Connect.
The information provided is not intended to be legal, tax, or financial advice. BB&T hopes you find this information useful but we cannot guarantee that it is accurate, up to date, or appropriate for your situation. Financial calculators are provided to assist you in estimating the approximate costs associated with any bank activity. Your actual costs may vary. You should consult with a qualified attorney or financial advisor to understand how the law applies to your particular circumstances or for financial information specific to your personal or business situation.
The VantageScore® by Equifax® credit score provided in U by BB&T is for educational purposes only. To obtain a free, full copy of your credit report, visit AnnualCreditReport.com(opens in a new tab).
Loans, lines of credit and credit cards are subject to credit approval.
See our Cardholder Agreement (PDF).
FCRA Risk-Based Pricing Notice: The terms offered are set based on whole or in part on information obtained in a report from the consumer reporting agency listed below. You have a right under the Fair Credit Reporting Act to obtain a free copy of the report from the consumer reporting agency: Equifax Information Services, LLC, Mail drop H-13, 1550 Peachtree Street, Atlanta, GA 30309, 800-685-1111.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is a Member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is now Truist Bank. Learn more.
BB&T and SunTrust have merged to become Truist. Both institutions will continue to offer independent product lines for a period of time. This may include differing underwriting guidelines, product features, terms, fees and pricing. Our friendly teammates at your local SunTrust branches will be happy to walk you through their respective products. You can also learn more by contacting them at 800-SUNTRUST or SunTrust.com.