Best if you
- Want multiple cards to manage a strict budget
- Want to avoid the possibility of overspending and associated overdraft fees
- Need an account that lets you set up direct deposit to avoid check-cashing fees
- Want a budgeting tool for your child or student traveling abroad
- Don't have a bank account or credit history
- Prepaid, reloadable debit card
- Utilize as a companion card to your checking account. Easily transfer money to and from your BB&T MoneyAccount®
- Purchases or cash withdrawals anywhere Visa® is accepted
- No separate bank account or minimum credit score required
- No overdraft fees or interest charges
- Earn cash back when you shop with BB&T Deals
- Protected against unauthorized use
- $5 per month ($0 for any total qualifying deposit of $500 or more to the card in previous calendar month) Disclosure 1
- Free cash withdrawals at any BB&T or SunTrust ATM
- $2.50 per transaction at ATMs outside of the BB&T network Disclosure 2
- $5 per transaction at international ATMs Disclosure 2
- For a complete list of account fees, see our prepaid debit card pricing
Not convinced yet?
Your prepaid debit card includes a number of extras plus convenient access options.
Using your card
- Reload funds when you shop at Visa ReadyLink(opens in a new tab) participating merchant locations
- Access your BB&T MoneyAccount anywhere, from any device, with U by BB&T®
- Use your prepaid debit card to make secure purchases with mobile devices from Apple® , Android® or Samsung®
- Tap to pay with your contactless BB&T Visa card anywhere you see the Contactless Symbol ()
- Transfer funds to and from other BB&T accounts
- Use the Ingo™ Money app to load approved checks directly into your MoneyAccount
Keep tabs on your account
- Use U by BB&T® , our customizable online and mobile banking experience, to monitor your BB&T and non-BB&T accounts, pay bills, set and track spending, manage your receipts and more
- Receive important account alerts by email or text
- Choose online statements for convenient access to your account statements from your computer or mobile device
Ready to get started?
What Are the Benefits of a BB&T MoneyAccount? (Video)
See how easy it is to manage your money wisely with a BB&T prepaid debit card.
What Will It Take to Become a Millionaire? (Calculator)
Learn how much to invest each month to reach $1 million.
Ready to get started?
Not convinced that a prepaid Visa debit card is right for you?
For a complete list of account fees, see our prepaid debit card pricing.
Monthly maintenance fee is waived for the month following the total qualified deposits. Qualified deposits include deposits made to the Card through Direct Deposit, cash deposits, deposits utilizing the ReadyLink network, Ingo deposits, or transfers from another account.
ATM owners outside of the BB&T network may charge a separate usage fee.
No monthly maintenance fees for Elite Gold and Elite@Work clients. Other fees may apply.
Fees from your mobile or data carrier may apply. A monthly service fee applies if you choose to access your online banking financial data through QuickBooks® or Quicken® Direct Connect.
MoneyAccount loads cannot exceed $10,000 and the total balance in the MoneyAccount cannot exceed $10,000.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the US and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple, Inc.
Android, Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc.
Branch Banking and Trust Company, Member FDIC.
New York City residents: Translation or other language access services may be available. When calling our office regarding collection activity, if you speak a language other than English and need verbal translation services, be sure to inform the representative. A description and translation of commonly-used debt collection terms is available in multiple languages at www.nyc.gov/dca.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is now Truist Bank. Learn more.
BB&T and SunTrust have merged to become Truist. Both institutions will continue to offer independent product lines for a period of time. This may include differing underwriting guidelines, product features, terms, fees and pricing. Our friendly teammates at your local SunTrust branches will be happy to walk you through their respective products. You can also learn more by contacting them at 800-SUNTRUST or SunTrust.com.