Best if you
- Need easy access to the funds in your savings
- Would like an easy savings option for overdraft protection Disclosure 1
- No minimum balance requirements
- Unlimited deposits, transfers and withdrawals made at BB&T ATMs and branches Disclosure 2
- Competitive interest rate compounded daily
- No minimum opening deposit
- No-fee online statements when combined with a BB&T checking account
See all pricing and fees.
Not convinced yet?
eSavings includes a number of extras plus convenient access options.
Keep tabs on your account
- Use U by BB&T®, our customizable online and mobile banking experience, to monitor your BB&T and non-BB&T accounts, pay bills, set and track spending, manage your receipts and more
- Receive important account alerts by email or text
- Choose online statements for convenient access to your account statements from your computer or mobile device
Ready to get started?
Open an account online.
U by BB&T: Goals (Video)
See how you can easily create, monitor and track savings goals with the Plan & Analyze feature in U by BB&T.
What Will It Take to Become a Millionaire? (Calculator)
Learn how much to invest each month to reach $1 million.
Ready to get started?
Not convinced that eSavings is right for you?
Select your state
See our Bank Services Agreement (PDF) for more information.
Learn more about your account, including fees and ways you can avoid them.
The BB&T eSavings account can be opened only online through BBT.com.
Automatic overdraft protection transfer fees may apply. See our Personal Services Pricing Guide for more information. Other account types may also be used for overdraft protection. Please see your local BB&T financial center for more options.
Six preauthorized, automatic or telephonic (including online banking and BB&T Phone 24) transfers or withdrawals per statement cycle.
Fees from your mobile or data carrier may apply. A monthly service fee applies if you choose to access your online banking financial data through QuickBooks® or Quicken® Direct Connect.
Branch Banking and Trust Company, Member FDIC.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is now Truist Bank. Learn more.
BB&T and SunTrust have merged to become Truist. Both institutions will continue to offer independent product lines for a period of time. This may include differing underwriting guidelines, product features, terms, fees and pricing. Our friendly teammates at your local SunTrust branches will be happy to walk you through their respective products. You can also learn more by contacting them at 800-SUNTRUST or SunTrust.com.