Best if you
- Want a savings account with no monthly maintenance fees1
- Need easy access to the funds in your savings
- Would like an easy savings option for overdraft protection2
- No minimum balance requirements
- Unlimited deposits, transfers and withdrawals made at BB&T ATMs and branches3
- Competitive interest rate compounded daily4
- No minimum opening deposit
- No monthly maintenance fees1
- No-fee online statements when combined with a BB&T checking account
- Other fees may apply; please see our Personal Services Pricing Guide for details1
See all pricing and fees.
Not convinced yet?
eSavings includes a number of extras plus convenient access options.
Enjoy these additional benefits
- Link to your checking account for overdraft protection2
- Get automated account information through BB&T Phone24 at 800-BANK-BBT (800-226-5228)
Keep tabs on your account
- Use U by BB&T®, our customizable online and mobile banking experience, to monitor your BB&T and non-BB&T accounts, pay bills, set and track spending, manage your receipts and more
- Receive important account alerts by email or text
- Choose online statements for convenient access to your account statements from your computer or mobile device
Ready to get started?
Open an account online
U by BB&T: Goals
See how you can easily create, monitor and track savings goals with the Plan & Analyze feature in U by BB&T®.
Welcome to the demo for goals. The tool that helps you save.
Let's get started.
To create a goal, go to "Plan & Analyze," and click on "Goals." The page will provide you with some key areas to consider saving for, like you see here. Or, you can create your own custom goal.
So, let's set a goal.
First, how much do you want to save and by when? This tool will help you calculate the monthly amount and adjust the date, if required, to make sure your goal is achievable based on your budget.
Next, select the account you want to save your money in. If you want to choose more than one account, you can do that as well.
As you can see here, the tool will then show you your current account balance. You then select how much of that balance you want to put toward this goal. If you want all the money in that account to count toward your goal, select "100%."
Then, select what percentage of your future deposits into this account should go toward this goal. Any goal you set will be available throughout the site to help you stay on track. And that's it. You've set a goal!
We hope this demo is helpful. Feel free to set many goals. The more you set, the more you'll save.