Best if you
- Have a personal checking account with BB&T Disclosure 1
- Typically carry a higher balance in your savings account
- Would like easy access to your funds, including check-writing privileges
- Want a savings option for overdraft protection
- $100 minimum opening deposit
- $12 monthly maintenance fee can be avoided by maintaining a $1,000 minimum balance
See all pricing and fees.
Keep tabs on your account
- Use U by BB&T®, our customizable online and mobile banking experience, to monitor your BB&T and non-BB&T accounts, pay bills, set and track spending, manage your receipts and more
- Receive important account alerts by email or text
- Choose online statements for convenient access to your account statements from your computer or mobile device
Ready to get started?
Am I Saving Enough for Retirement? (Calculator)
Find out if you're on track to meet your retirement goals with this handy calculator.
Establishing Good Financial Habits (Article)
By adopting smart money management practices, you'll be on your way to a sound financial future.
What Can U Do for Me? (Video)
See how U by BB&T can make managing your money easy and convenient.
Ready to get started?
Not convinced that a High Performance Money Market Account is right for you?
Select your state
See our Bank Services Agreement (PDF)see our Bank Services Agreement for more information.
Learn more about your account, including fees and ways you can avoid them.
The High Performance Money Market Account is only available to clients who have a personal checking account with BB&T.
These are the online rates. These rates are effective as of today and subject to change without notice. Fees may reduce earnings on the account. These rates apply to accounts opened online and by Phone24. Other rates may apply if not opened online or by Phone24.
Six preauthorized, automatic or telephonic (including online banking and BB&T Phone 24) transfers or withdrawals per statement cycle. A $15 fee per transfer or withdrawal is charged for excessive activity. Please see our Bank Services Agreement (PDF)Bank Services Agreementsee our Bank Services Agreement for details.
Fees from your mobile or data carrier may apply. A monthly service fee applies if you choose to access your online banking financial data through QuickBooks® or Quicken® Direct Connect.
Branch Banking and Trust Company, Member FDIC.
New York City residents: Translation or other language access services may be available. When calling our office regarding collection activity, if you speak a language other than English and need verbal translation services, be sure to inform the representative. A description and translation of commonly-used debt collection terms is available in multiple languages at www.nyc.gov/dca.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is now Truist Bank. Learn more.
BB&T and SunTrust have merged to become Truist. Both institutions will continue to offer independent product lines for a period of time. This may include differing underwriting guidelines, product features, terms, fees and pricing. Our friendly teammates at your local SunTrust branches will be happy to walk you through their respective products. You can also learn more by contacting them at 800-SUNTRUST or SunTrust.com.