Investor's Deposit Account
Best if you
- Typically carry a higher balance in your savings account
- Would like easy access to your funds, including check-writing privileges
- Want a savings option for overdraft protection
- Tiered, money market rates compounded daily1
- Unlimited deposits, transfers and withdrawals at BB&T ATMs and branches2
- $10,000 minimum opening deposit
- $15 monthly maintenance fee can be avoided by maintaining a $10,000 minimum balance
- Other fees may apply; please see our Personal Services Pricing Guide for details3
Tiered Money Market Rates1
|$0 - $9,999||0.01%||0.01%|
|$10,000 - $24,999||0.04%||0.04%|
|$25,000 - $49,999||0.04%||0.04%|
|$50,000 - $99,999||0.04%||0.04%|
|$100,000 - $999,999||0.04%||0.04%|
|$1,000,000 - $99,999,999,999||0.04%||0.04%|
*Annual percentage yield
Keep tabs on your account
- Use U by BB&T®, our customizable online and mobile banking experience, to monitor your BB&T and non-BB&T accounts, pay bills, set and track spending, manage your receipts and more
- Get important account alerts by email or text
- Choose online statements for convenient access to your account statements from your computer or mobile device
What can U do for me?
See how U by BB&T can make managing your money easy and convenient.
So what exactly is U? Here’s the two-minute version.
U is based on the idea that everyone’s finances are unique and that managing your money should be simple. Let’s take a look inside.
First of all, you can still do all the basics. It’s very easy to see your balances, transfer money, pay bills, and deposit checks.
But now we’ve separated all of the features into tiles, like you see here. And here’s the cool part: You can create and customize your own financial dashboard based on what’s important to you.
So, what if you’re all about rewards? Move your credit card rewards to the top of your dashboard so it’s the first thing you see when you log in. Or maybe you want to move your categorized spending from here to here.
Even colors are your choice. Make U your own with a variety of new color themes.
Or say you don’t want any of this. Say you want the cleanest dashboard possible. Well, you can skip the fancy tiles and have that, too.
But that’s not all. There are a lot of new features, too.
For example, now you can see all of your accounts, not just with BB&T.
Paying your friends is way easier than it used to be, too. You can pay anyone directly with just their email address or mobile phone number.
You get a real banker that you can connect with, or schedule appointments on your time.
With Quick View Balance, you can see balances without logging in.
You can set your own customized budget with our Plan and Analyze tools, and we’ll track your progress as you go.
This is the new receipt tile. It helps you capture and store your receipts, even attach them to your transactions. No more paper needed.
What you see today is only the beginning. We’ll continue to add new features that help make your life a little easier and help you make better financial decisions.
Then we want to hear about them from you. You can tell us if you like them, or if they need more work, and what we should build next. Because at the end of the day, it’s your bank, it’s your money, and it’s all about you, and that’s what U is all about. Log on or enroll today.