Best if you
- Want a starter savings account for your child under the age of 18 Disclosure 1
- Prefer to avoid monthly maintenance fees
- Would like easy access to funds in the account
- Competitive interest compounded daily
- Unlimited deposits, transfers and withdrawals at BB&T ATMs and branches Disclosure 2
- Convenient online and mobile banking access through U by BB&T®
- No minimum opening deposit
- No inactivity fee
See all pricing and fees.
Not convinced yet?
Young Savers includes a number of extras plus convenient access options.
Keep tabs on your account
- Use U by BB&T®, our customizable online and mobile banking experience, to monitor your BB&T and non-BB&T accounts, pay bills, set and track spending, manage your receipts and more
- Receive important account alerts by email or text
- Choose online statements for convenient access to your account statements from your computer or mobile device
How Much Should I Save for College? (Calculator)
Determine your savings goals to attend the college of your choice.
U by BB&T: Goals (Video)
See how you can easily create, monitor and track savings goals with the Plan & Analyze feature in U by BB&T.
Which College Savings Plan is Best for Me? (Article)
Understand the pros and cons for a variety of college savings programs.
Ready to get started?
Not convinced that a Young Savers account is right for you?
Select your state
See our Bank Services Agreement (PDF)see our Bank Services Agreement for more information.
Learn more about your account, including fees and ways you can avoid them.
Account will convert to a regular savings account, which may include monthly fees, upon client's 18th birthday. Please see our Personal Services Pricing Guide for details.
Six preauthorized, automatic or telephonic (including online banking and BB&T Phone 24) transfers or withdrawals per statement cycle. Minors (age 13 and over) and adult co-signers may receive an ATM card with a Young Savers account. Deposits and withdrawals from ATMs may be performed with either account holder's ATM card.
Service fees may apply. Please see our Personal Services Pricing Guide for details.
Fees from your mobile or data carrier may apply. A monthly service fee applies if you choose to access your online banking financial data through QuickBooks® or Quicken® Direct Connect.
The information provided is not intended to be legal, tax, or financial advice. BB&T hopes you find this information useful but we cannot guarantee that it is accurate, up to date, or appropriate for your situation. Financial calculators are provided to assist you in estimating the approximate costs associated with any bank activity. Your actual costs may vary. You should consult with a qualified attorney or financial advisor to understand how the law applies to your particular circumstances or for financial information specific to your personal or business situation.
Branch Banking and Trust Company, Member FDIC.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is now Truist Bank. Learn more.
BB&T and SunTrust have merged to become Truist. Both institutions will continue to offer independent product lines for a period of time. This may include differing underwriting guidelines, product features, terms, fees and pricing. Our friendly teammates at your local SunTrust branches will be happy to walk you through their respective products. You can also learn more by contacting them at 800-SUNTRUST or SunTrust.com.