BB&T OnLine Bill Payment Guarantee
We send all paper check bill payments through the US Mail. Payments made with a paper check are generally received and credited by most payees within five business days after we have processed the payment. We are not responsible for postal delays or processing delays by a payee.
BB&T will reimburse you up to $50 in late payment fees or penalties you are charged as a result of the failure of a business payee to receive a payment made through BB&T OnLine or BB&T Small Business Online by the due date, if you meet the following conditions:
- Payments must be initiated before 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time at least five business days prior to the due date for nonelectronic payments and before 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time and at least two business days prior to the due date for electronic payments. The first time a payment is sent to a specific payee, it is required to be scheduled five business days prior to the due date regardless of the payment method.
- When you initiate your claim, you must provide BB&T with the correct payee name, address, account information, and payment amount. In addition, you must comply with these conditions:
- On the withdrawal date, your designated bill paying account must contain sufficient funds to complete the payment.
- The payment must be made to a business.
- Your computer hardware, computer software, Internet Service Provider (ISP), and method of connecting to your ISP (modem, cable modem, DSL, etc.) must be functioning properly at the time the payment was scheduled and we have evidence of you initiating the payment on our system.
You must provide BB&T with a copy of the statement showing the amount of late fees owed.
Mortgage Payment Exception: If your mortgage payment is due on the first of each month with a 15-day grace period, the payment must be initiated to go out on or before the third calendar day of each month, or the payment guarantee will not apply.
Note: Guarantee applies to actual due date. Grace period does not apply.