BB&T Investments has the resources and expertise you need to provide your clients with a customized investment strategy.
Consider the value of a financial consultant career with BB&T Investments.
Become a financial consultant
As a financial consultant with BB&T Investments, you'll have access to BB&T specialists in the areas of banking, strategic credit, risk management, trust and estate planning, and more, giving your clients the benefit of a comprehensive, fully-integrated financial strategy.
What you'll do:
- Analyze clients' current investment accounts and strategies
- Help clients determine and prioritize investment goals
- Match the best investment solutions available to clients' specific needs
- Implement client investment decisions promptly and accurately
- Review clients' investment plans with them on a regular basis
What we offer:
- A broad array of investment products and solutions to meet the needs of all your clients
- A dedicated, centralized and outbound sales associate
- Full marketing support, including sales leads for existing BB&T Investments' clients and BB&T bank prospects
- Employee meetings and webinar services presented by communication specialists
- A centralized appointment center designed to handle all appointment scheduling on your behalf
Join BB&T Investments
We are currently searching for exceptional, career-minded candidates to join our team. Join the BB&T Investments team and help clients build an investment strategy well beyond their expectations.
We're looking for professionals who are:
- Experienced in the investments industry using a sales-leadership approach
- Consistently meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Skilled in growing referral networks
- Licensed by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
- In good standing and adhere to the professional and ethical standards set forth by BB&T, FINRA and other regulatory bodies
Our successful financial consultants:
- Take ownership in building their book of business
- Enjoy creating and maintaining relationships
- Dedicate themselves to the industry and the clients they serve
AT BB&T, we highly value community involvement, and we're committed to creating a positive impact in the communities we serve.
- Community development lending – Our community development lending performance exhibits an outstanding level of commitment to meeting the credit needs of the communities we serve. In 2015, we gave over $1.6 million in annual development lending.
- Community investments – BB&T works diligently with government agencies, tax-credit syndicates and nonprofits to seek investment and charitable contribution opportunities. Our corporate investments include Low-Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC), Historic Rehabilitation Tax Credits (HTC), Small Business Investment Company (SBIC), bonds and several other impactful offerings.
- Community development services – BB&T conducts community development service initiatives to connect with individuals and organizations in our communities. Our service activities and outreach programs cover topics such as capacity building, financial education, asset building, micro/small business assistance and community development finance.
BB&T associates serve our communities as members of more than 1,100 nonprofit boards and committees. In addition, our associates provide qualified community development services to teach homeownership education, credit management, basic banking information and money/savings management. These services are offered to the low- and moderate-income community through partnerships with the many city and county governments and nonprofit organizations within our footprint.
Join our team
Search for jobs online.
Leadership and career programs
Our training programs help associates excel in their roles and advance their careers.
We're firmly rooted in the communities we serve. From funding education programs to lending a hand to charitable and faith-based organizations, BB&T is proud to join our friends and neighbors in building stronger and more vital communities.
BB&T supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace.
The information provided should not be considered as tax or legal advice. Please consult with your tax advisor and/or attorney regarding your individual circumstances.
Only deposit products are FDIC insured.
Market data information is obtained from third-party sources believed to be reliable, but is provided “as is” with no warranty. Market data is provided for informational purposes only, does not constitute investment advice, and may not be used for trading. Market data is for the individual use of each site guest, and may not be copied, downloaded, stored or redistributed. Quotes are delayed 15 minutes. Some index information is proprietary to the index owner. Data access and usage is subject to the terms and conditions imposed by our third-party sources. Access or use of any data indicates agreement to these terms.
Investment solutions are provided by BB&T Investments, a division of BB&T Securities, LLC(opens in a new tab), member FINRA (opens in a new tab)/SIPC (opens in a new tab). BB&T Securities, LLC is a wholly-owned nonbank subsidiary of BB&T Corporation. Securities and insurance products or annuities sold, offered or recommended by BB&T Investments are not a deposit, not FDIC insured, not guaranteed by a bank, not insured by any federal government agency and may lose value.