Mortgage Careers with BB&T
At BB&T, we provide an atmosphere that encourages—and rewards—initiative, collaboration and professional achievement.
Whether you want to advance your career as a mortgage professional or begin a new career in mortgage lending, we provide the tools and support you need to excel.
Become a mortgage expert
We'll provide you with the resources you need to craft the perfect loan for every client.
What you'll do:
- Guide clients through the entire mortgage process from application to closing
- Provide responsive, reliable and competent service
- Educate clients about all of the details involved in purchasing—and repaying—a home loan
- Help clients determine how much home they can afford
What we offer:
- An array of mortgage loan products so you can easily match your client to a loan that fits their lifestyle
- Full marketing support
- Information to help you successfully guide your clients through the home loan process
- Employee meetings and webinar services presented by communication specialists
- Recognition for a job well done in delivering the perfect client experience
- Award-winning training and opportunities for continuous professional development
We're always on the lookout for exceptional, career-minded candidates to become part of our team. Join the BB&T mortgage team and propel your career to new heights.
We're looking for professionals who are:
- Consistently meeting sales goals with a soft-sell approach
- Skilled in growing referral networks
- Seasoned mortgage professionals with a desire to never stop learning
Our successful mortgage professionals:
- Enjoy working with a diverse client base
- Love a challenge and reap the rewards
- Strive to make their client's dream of home ownership a reality
Our small community approach allows our mortgage team to:
- Effectively and quickly resolve client concerns
- Maintain direct control of each loan application as it moves through processing
Our culture is our foundation
Hear our mortgage professionals' experiences developing effective skills and community relationships while delivering the perfect client experience.
AT BB&T, we highly value community involvement, and we're committed to creating a positive impact in the communities we serve.
- Community development lending – Our community development lending performance exhibits an outstanding level of commitment to meeting the credit needs of the communities we serve. In 2015, we gave over $1.6 million in annual development lending.
- Community investments – BB&T works diligently with government agencies, tax-credit syndicates and nonprofits to seek investment and charitable contribution opportunities. Our corporate investments include Low-Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC), Historic Rehabilitation Tax Credits (HTC), Small Business Investment Company (SBIC), bonds and several other impactful offerings.
- Community development services – BB&T conducts community development service initiatives to connect with individuals and organizations in our communities. Our service activities and outreach programs cover topics such as capacity building, financial education, asset building, micro/small business assistance and community development finance.
BB&T associates serve our communities as members of more than 1,100 nonprofit boards and committees. In addition, our associates provide qualified community development services to teach homeownership education, credit management, basic banking information and money/savings management. These services are offered to the low- and moderate-income community through partnerships with the many city and county governments and nonprofit organizations within our footprint.
BB&T is committed to making substantial investments in associate education. We provide continual learning and training opportunities.
- Continuing education – A number of educational opportunities are available through BB&T University and professional affiliations. Associates are eligible for 100% reimbursement or prepayment of related costs when they receive management approval and then successfully complete work-related courses.
- Formal degree programs – BB&T formal degree programs provide the opportunity for associates to pursue undergraduate or graduate degrees. Associates who receive management approval to participate in formal degree programs are eligible for reimbursement of related costs. Criteria for reimbursement and service agreement requirements vary based on whether the associate pursues a graduate or undergraduate degree.
Join our team
Search for jobs online.
Leadership and career programs
Our training programs help associates excel in their roles and advance their careers.
We're firmly rooted in the communities we serve. From funding education programs to lending a hand to charitable and faith-based organizations, BB&T is proud to join our friends and neighbors in building stronger and more vital communities.