When you deposit a large amount with us, we'll place your funds into CDs issued by other banks in the the CDARS® Network in increments under the standard FDIC insurance maximum, making both principal and interest eligible for FDIC coverage.
CDARS is an ideal program for organizations and individuals, including:
- Nonprofit organizations
- Public fund managers
- Financial advisors
- Credit unions
Advantages of CDARS include:
- Access to multimillion-dollar FDIC insurance coverage, including the principal and interest of large deposits
- Daily compounding interest
- A set maturity date
- A single consolidated account statement for all funds
By working directly with BB&T, you can eliminate:
- Time spent managing multiple bank relationships
- The effort of manually consolidating monthly statements
- Time spent administering various interest rates per maturity
- The need to monitor changing collateral on an ongoing basis
- Time spent organizing interest disbursements from various sources
Ready to get started?
Not convinced that CDARS is right for you?
For a complete list of account fees, see our Business Services Pricing Guide (PDF).
See our Commercial Bank Services Agreement (PDF) for more information.
Learn more about your account, including fees and ways you can avoid them.
Branch Banking and Trust Company, Member FDIC.