Solutions for navigating the foreign exchange market
BB&T Foreign Exchange Services specializes in guiding companies of all sizes through the intricacies of foreign exchange (FX) markets. We offer a full range of FX and related international treasury products. Our experienced FX trade specialists offer personalized consultation services and products to manage your foreign currency exposure. We can also help protect your balance sheet and foreign-denominated cash flows.
BB&T offers products and services that can help you mitigate risk and conduct business around the world.
- Our online trading platform allows users to:
- Execute trades, swaps and draw downs
- View transaction histories and open contracts
- Create templates for repetitive wires
- FX market guidance includes personalized hedging strategies and common sense market guidance to help your company minimize risk and succeed in today's international marketplace.
- Foreign currency deposit accounts can be set up to contain most major foreign currencies. This enables companies to:
- Hold and pool foreign currency receivables
- Take advantage of higher interest rates available in other currencies
- Create a hedge to protect against currency rate fluctuations
- Reduce the risk of exchange rate losses when paying and/or receiving currency
- Foreign check processing services
- Foreign check clearing in US dollars or foreign currency
- Foreign clean check collection
- Cash letter service
- Foreign currency bank notes are the ultimate convenience for your trips abroad. You can order them at your local branch.
BB&T can advise you on spot and hedge transactions and help you execute them for your business.
BB&T offers international funds transfer options to help your company route payments to and receive payments from anywhere in the world.
- International Wire Transfer
- Payments are electronically transmitted to your overseas account or to your designated trade partner
- Foreign currency payments are cleared through one of our correspondent banks
- Foreign draft payments – Made in check form denominated in foreign currency
An FX Hedge Transaction, or Forward Contract, is an agreement between your company and BB&T in which BB&T commits to buy or sell a foreign currency against US dollars, or another foreign currency, at a specific exchange rate for a fixed settlement date or window of future dates.
These contracts allow your company to lock in your imported goods costs and to fix your yield on receivables. They also offer a way to protect currency-sensitive balance sheet items.
Ready to get started?
BB&T Foreign Exchange Services has moved
As a result of the merger between BB&T and SunTrust, a new trading platform has been established to replace FXAccess.
Branch Banking and Trust Company, Member FDIC.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is now Truist Bank. Learn more.
BB&T and SunTrust have merged to become Truist. Both institutions will continue to offer independent product lines for a period of time. This may include differing underwriting guidelines, product features, terms, fees and pricing. Our friendly teammates at your local SunTrust branches will be happy to walk you through their respective products. You can also learn more by contacting them at 800-SUNTRUST or SunTrust.com.