How can BB&T Corporate Trust Services help my organization?
We help public and private organizations raise and allocate capital, realize regulatory and legal compliance and achieve important financial goals. We offer prompt and personalized service tailored to the needs of each client while providing comprehensive technological, financial and professional resources.
BB&T Corporate Trust provides personalized, responsive service to all of our clients. Our approach includes:
- Expertise – Our team members have extensive backgrounds in trust and securities solutions, investments, compliance, account administration and systems and operations. Our administrators average more than 20 years of direct service experience and each are Certified Corporate Trust Specialists, recognized by the American Bankers Association.
- Flexibility – Our investment administration, bank depositary and compliance capabilities are comprehensive, flexible and tailored to ensure client success.
- Technology – Our behind-the-scenes support, combined with online access, allows you to respond to clients at market speed.
- Relationships – Our team is dedicated to building and maintaining personalized client relationships that continue to grow, evolve and strengthen over time, so that your organization receives the specific attention it needs to thrive.
- Reputation – Since its inception, BB&T Corporate Trust has remained committed to providing clients with consistently superior service at exceptional value.
Most organizations will, at some point, require the use of a corporate trustee or agent. We'll work with you to form a solutions-based relationship that equips you for long-term financial success. Our specialists typically work with the following organizations:
- Public and Nonprofit Organizations
- Publicly held companies and financial institutions
- Federal, state and local governmental entities and agencies
- Non-governmental organizations (NGOs), charitable and nonprofit institutions
- Private Organizations
- Privately held companies and financial institutions (e.g., banks, financial advisors, underwriters, brokers, insurers and asset managers)
- Intermediaries, including law firms, accountancies and consultancies
BB&T Corporate Trust utilizes state-of-the-art trust accounting, securities processing and compliance systems.
For online trust asset management, BB&T offers the TAMLink® online account management system, which allows you to access the latest information on your investments.
- Get secure online information
- View your current transaction statements
- View current asset statements
- All data is current as of the close of the most recent business day
See our TAMLink brochure (PDF).
Corporate trust services
Rely on us to support your business with a full range of trust, agency and custodial services.
- Administer regulatory and contractual compliance requirements for issuers and bondholders
- Authenticate bond certificates
- Monitor principal interest payments and submit periodic reports to bondholders
- Prepare tax reporting information
- Maintain segregated trust accounts (e.g., sinking funds) and represent bondholders from issuance through maturity and potential escheatment
- Provide a variety of investment options
Securities Registrar and Paying Agent
- Establish and maintain the official securities ownership registry
- Oversee the transfer of registered securities
- Pay accurate and timely principal and interest proceeds made available to security holders on behalf of the issuer
- Verify the status of appropriate and available funds and maintain delayed payment records
- File reports with federal and state authorities and respond to independent audit inquiries
Credit Facility Administrator/Collateral Agent
- Hold a financial institution's letter of credit
- Draw upon that letter as directed by the facility principal
- Administer credit facility collateral terms
- Prepare/distribute asset and liability reports
- Distribute payments to facility beneficiaries or syndicate participants
- Integrate services within a highly controlled and regulated banking environment
Document Custody/Pooled Mortgage Custody Service
- Maintain physical custody of legal documents
- Store documents in a secure, fireproof, climate-controlled vault
- Provide recordkeeping functions and government reporting, primarily for mortgage loans
- Audit and certify mortgage loans sold on the secondary market
- Work with mortgage lenders who pool mortgages for resale
- Provide physical custody of all related documents
- Perform regulatory reporting
Escrow Agent/Account Administrator
- Serve in bilateral or tri-party arrangements that recognize third-party interests
- Maintain physical custody and recordkeeping in accordance with regulatory and contractual terms
- Protect the interests of all parties and beneficiaries to the agreement
- Prompt and efficient account opening processes
- Provide physical protection of securities and financial documents
- Collect dividends and interest to be remitted, deposited or invested as directed
- Respond to conversions, bond calls, exchanges, redemptions and shareholder communications
- Work with affiliated and third-party investment managers
- Execute and settle client-ordered purchases and sales
- Report all transactions in detail periodically
- Administer reinsurance trusts and insurance-linked security trusts
- Work with onshore and offshore captive insurance managers
- Integrate trustee, depositary, custody and compliance services within a highly controlled and regulated banking environment
- Work with internal or third-party investment managers
- Provides the options of traditional escrow services or representation and warranty insurance
- Highly controlled and regulated environment ensures client confidentiality at all levels
- Integrates processing for letters of transmittal, tender notices, securities exchange, escrow and paying agent services within a highly controlled and regulated banking environment
- Prompt and efficient account establishment capabilities with a wide variety of investment options
1031 Like-Kind Exchange
- Integrate custody, depositary, exchange, investment and qualified intermediary services within a highly controlled, regulatory environment
- Report on accounts and asset statements
- Prompt and efficient account establishment
- Wide range of investment options with various liquidation windows
Ready to get started?
Traditional banking services are provided by Truist Bank, Member FDIC.
Only deposit products are FDIC insured.
Services and products featured herein may include some offered by affiliated companies of BB&T Wealth. The fees for those services and products are in addition to the fees charged by BB&T Wealth. As a result, BB&T Corporation, as a whole, receives more compensation than would otherwise be received if a non-affiliated service or product was used. When we offer any service or product to a client, we use the same process to offer both affiliated and non-affiliated services and products. When we have authority to select any service or product on behalf of a client, if our process shows affiliated services and products to be competitive with corresponding non-affiliated services and products, then we may select affiliated products and services. BB&T Wealth expresses no opinion on the use of BB&T affiliated services and products when the client selects such services and products in a client-directed account.
The information provided should not be considered as tax or legal advice. Please consult with your tax advisor and/or attorney regarding your individual circumstances.
Branch Banking and Trust Company, Member FDIC.
New York City residents: Translation or other language access services may be available. When calling our office regarding collection activity, if you speak a language other than English and need verbal translation services, be sure to inform the representative. A description and translation of commonly-used debt collection terms is available in multiple languages at www.nyc.gov/dca.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is now Truist Bank. Learn more.
BB&T and SunTrust have merged to become Truist. Both institutions will continue to offer independent product lines for a period of time. This may include differing underwriting guidelines, product features, terms, fees and pricing. Our friendly teammates at your local SunTrust branches will be happy to walk you through their respective products. You can also learn more by contacting them at 800-SUNTRUST or SunTrust.com.