- No look-to-book minimums
- No FICO cutoff—applicants with merit are considered across the credit spectrum
- Competitive compensation program allowing rate spread up to 2%
- Dealer reserve paid at split percentage (80/20)—no charge-backs after 3 payments
- 100% flat paid upfront for contracts at retention
- Prime and near-prime auto lending
- Experienced lenders dedicated to specific markets
- Highly focused dealer relationship management
- A simple program that makes it easier for you to put deals together
- Superior funding times, frequently same-day funding
- Direct-line access to experienced and tenured sales and credit staff
Frequently asked questions
Why do so many dealers choose BB&T?
We're an indirect prime and near-prime auto finance company with strategically placed, decentralized lending centers across the United States. To better serve our dealers, we provide local decision making and an understanding of the market. Our success is built around the following four commitments.
- Reliable – We have dedicated lending centers to review your application and promptly answer your questions.
- Responsive – We offer fast turnaround times on application decisions and contract funding, as well as a relentless commitment to responding quickly and effectively to all requests.
- Competent – Our associates are empowered with the ability to make credit decisions, allowing them to listen to your unique circumstances on a deal-by-deal basis and use their credit and relationship management skills to add value to your dealership.
- Empathetic – We're regarded as having one of the most highly competent sales and credit management staff in the industry, enabling us to help you finance more of your clients.
How do I sign up with BB&T Dealer Finance?
We welcome the opportunity to do business with franchised automobile dealers throughout our footprint. Franchise dealers make up more than 90% of our dealer client base.
We make it easy for you to do business with us. Here are our requirements:
- Signed Dealer Agreement
- Signed Supplement to the Dealer Agreement
- Signed ACH Agreement
- Signed Confidentiality Agreement
- Copy of your Dealer License
- Copy of the applicable organizational documents:
- For corporations – Articles of Incorporation or Corporate Charter
- For partnerships – Partnership Agreement
- For sole proprietorships – Business license
To become a dealer client, contact the Dealer Finance Lending Center nearest you. We'll arrange for one of our relationship managers to visit your dealership, assist you with the sign-up process and discuss our competitive financing programs.
Independent Dealer Criteria
We welcome the opportunity to do business with qualified, independent automobile dealers.
Our business requirements for independent dealers vary based on the number of years you've been in business. Dealerships must have a minimum of 5 years of continual operation to be considered.
If you've been in business 5 or more years and want to become a dealer client, contact your nearest Dealer Finance Lending Center. We'll arrange for one of our relationship managers to visit your dealership, assist you with the sign-up process and discuss our competitive financing programs.
Who makes the buying decisions on submitted credit applications?
We have credit buyers with local decision-making authority in each of our lending centers. They're committed to understanding your needs and providing you with quick callbacks.
Does BB&T Dealer Finance have a minimum FICO score?
We're a prime and near-prime lender and consider applicants with merit across the credit spectrum.
Does BB&T Dealer Finance have a book-to-look requirement?
No. We ask our dealers to submit all applications.
What's the lienholder address for BB&T Dealer Finance?
The lienholder address is:
PO Box 1290
Whiteville, NC 28472
How can I get loan payoff information from BB&T Dealer Finance?
Dealers can call (888) 411-2258 for loan payoff information.
Where do I send customer payoff checks?
Send customer payoff checks to:
PO Box 2306
Wilson, NC 27894
What's the BB&T Dealer Finance loss payee address to list for insurance purposes?
The loss payee address is:
PO Box 72
Whiteville, NC 28472
Ready to get started?
Contact us with questions or to request assistance.
Contact your local Dealer Finance Lending Center.
Dealers: Call us for loan payoff information.
Loans, lines of credit and credit cards are subject to credit approval.
Branch Banking and Trust Company, Member FDIC.
New York City residents: Translation or other language access services may be available. When calling our office regarding collection activity, if you speak a language other than English and need verbal translation services, be sure to inform the representative. A description and translation of commonly-used debt collection terms is available in multiple languages at www.nyc.gov/dca.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is now Truist Bank. Learn more.
BB&T and SunTrust have merged to become Truist. Both institutions will continue to offer independent product lines for a period of time. This may include differing underwriting guidelines, product features, terms, fees and pricing. Our friendly teammates at your local SunTrust branches will be happy to walk you through their respective products. You can also learn more by contacting them at 800-SUNTRUST or SunTrust.com.