- Improve efficiency
- Lower overall payment processing costs
- Eliminate manual processes and reduce errors
- Simplify reconciliation through automation and integration of all payments
- Accelerate conversion to electronic payments
- Expand e-payment adoption with vendor assistance
- Improve relationships with trading partners
- Earn rebates for Virtual Card payments (if applicable)
- Strengthen control and risk management
- Reduce risk of payments fraud
- Strengthen controls from built-in workflow and multi-layer security features
- Deliver remittance information to suppliers via web portal or EDI
- Enhance working capital
- Optimize your cash conversion cycle
- Extend Days Payables Outstanding when converting payments to Virtual Card
- Increase accuracy of cash forecasting
How it works
Manage payment processing jobs from start to finish through Commerce Gateway Payables. Here's how it works:
- Transmission of payment instructions
- Using our intuitive web application, your company's authorized user transfers payment instructions and remittance detail to BB&T in virtually any data file format.
- Validation and approval
- A second user with the appropriate entitlements receives an email notification. The user logs in, reviews the payment records and approves the transactions for release.
- Payment execution
- BB&T automatically differentiates disbursements to be paid by Virtual Card, ACH, wire transfer or check. Electronic transactions are executed, and checks are printed and mailed.
- Remittance delivery and posting
- Your vendors receive email notifications, access the vendor web portal and obtain detailed remittance data.
- Commerce Gateway Payables provides electronic confirmations to ensure job completion and validate payment execution.
- Accepts virtually any data file in any format
- Converts checks automatically to Virtual Card or ACH with optional vendor enrollment program
- Provides automatic analysis of data and disbursement for payment
- Visibility and control
- Provides control of the payment production process with an intuitive web-based application
- Stores payment information in a secure archive for viewing online
- Sends email notifications at both submission and release of payments to promote accuracy and security
- Pays vendors by Virtual Card, ACH, wire and check all with a single file of payment instructions
- Processes Positive Pay check issue information without a separate file transmission
- Assigns check numbers to ACH payments for simplified reconciliation
- For your vendors
- Emails remittance advice automatically through a dedicated web portal or bank using traditional EDI data
- Allows access to view, download or print images of remittance documents
- Offers dedicated support
- File submission
- Web-based portal
- Secure FTP transmission
- Vendor enrollment assistance
- Proactive outreach campaign to transition your vendors from check to Virtual Card or ACH
- Highly customized for each client's needs and preferences
- Existing network of more than 100,000 vendors
- Outreach by phone, mail and email
- All support and maintenance provided by FIS, the industry leader in transitioning to electronic payment
- Thorough status reporting throughout
Discover the benefits of BB&T Commerce Gateway Payables
BB&T Commerce Gateway Payables
[MUSIC PLAYING] Electronic payments don't just simplify the accounts payable process. The focused information they generate can help support your larger business goals. But the intricacy of accounts payable can make switching to epayments difficult. What type of file should your payments be made in? What if your suppliers require paper checks? How can you even create and manage an electronic payment system?
The whole process can feel intimidating, until now. Introducing Commerce Gateway Payables from BB&T. Commerce Gateway Payables is a fully integrated end-to-end payment solution. With this web-based application, we can consolidate your accounts payable procedures and reduce your overall costs.
So how does this benefit your company? First, our automated system increases efficiency and lowers your payment processing costs. BB&T will become your strategic partner by eliminating manual entries to reduce errors, accepting virtually any data file format, and freeing up your employees to work on more important tasks.
With fewer hands involved and increased visibility of the entire process, Commerce Gateway Payables greatly decreases the risk of payment fraud. Your control of the process is strengthened by a built-in workflow, multilayer security features, a secure online archive of payment information, and job tracking for payment visibility.
BB&T can also improve your cash management strategy. Together, we'll help you enhance your working capital by optimizing your cash conversion cycle and increasing accuracy of cash forecasting. Your relationships with your suppliers are important. That's why BB&T will help them understand your new process, as well as encourage them to convert to epayments. This will improve trading partner synergy and simplify the payment process for all parties.
Every business has a unique way to process payments. That's why BB&T has made Commerce Gateway Payables an easily customizable resource. Here's how it works. Through our intuitive online portal, transfer payment instructions and remittance details are sent to BB&T in almost any data file format. The transaction will be reviewed and approved for release.
Next, BB&T will automatically differentiate disbursements to be paid in the chosen form, purchasing card, ACH, wire transfer, or check. Your suppliers will then receive an email notification, access the supplier web portal, and retrieve their remittance data. And it's done. Commerce Gateway Payables sends an electronic confirmation to validate your payment.
So let's get started. Let's put together a system that works for your company. Let's increase efficiency, work with your suppliers, reduce fraud risks, and enhance your working capital. Let's make your business work better. Commerce Gateway Payables from BB&T.
Ready to get started?
Have a Treasury Management representative contact you.
Locate a branch.
Already use Commerce Gateway Payables?
Access your existing account information.
Business credit cards are subject to business type and credit approval.
ACH origination is subject to business type and credit approval. Other ACH Origination fees apply. Please talk with a BB&T Payment Consultant to determine the best option and pricing for your business needs.
Branch Banking and Trust Company, Member FDIC.