ACH Preauthorized Draft
Preauthorized drafts are processed through the ACH, a nationwide payment network that handles billions of electronic monetary transactions each year between member banks and the Federal Reserve System. ACH can be an effective way to draft customers' accounts for payments.
- Provides a paperless means of collecting receivables and processing customer payments
- Offers a timely method to collect receivables and predict cash flow
- Provides an accurate and thorough record of all ACH transactions
- Provides your customers with the convenience of not having to write checks and mail payments
- Makes it quick and easy to pay homeowner association dues; insurance premiums; mortgage, medical and day care payments; and pest control and security monitoring services
How it works
- You obtain written authorization from your customer to debit their bank account via ACH.
- Your designated company representative submits the draft transaction via BB&T's CashManager OnLine® or other BB&T ACH Origination channel.
- BB&T processes the draft through the ACH network. (We'll do this for any financial institution or credit union that's a member of the Federal Reserve banking system.)
- The ACH transaction is debited from your customers' checking or saving accounts.
- The total amount is credited to your BB&T bank account on the next business day.
You can submit a preauthorized request up to 29 days in advance of the due date.
Choose a payment processing option that suits your company today and as it grows.
Maximize the strengths of your company with solutions and suggestions to improve your financial operations.
Optimize your company's liquidity, make sound investments for the future and reduce your financial risks with an array of treasury management options.