You can streamline the process of applying for a BB&T mortgage by collecting, in advance, all the information you'll need.
To start your BB&T mortgage application process, be sure to have the following information:
- Full name
- Social Security number
- Property address for the property you are purchasing or refinancing
- Estimated value of the property
- Mortgage loan amount being requested
Documents you need
There will be a number of documents that you'll need to upload during the application process. For each applicant, you will need:
- Paycheck stubs for the past 30 days
- W-2 forms for the past 2 years
- Completed tax returns for the past 2 years
- Signed copy of IRS Form 4506-T
- Bank and investment statements for current assets
- A list of income sources
- Records of monthly debt payments
- The estimated value of your home, if applicable
- Rental property income, if applicable
- Gift letter with a canceled check and corresponding bank statement, if applicable
- Profit-and-loss statement (for self-employed applicants)
After you have submitted your mortgage loan application, your Mortgage Loan Professional will contact you to discuss the loan terms. You will receive a loan estimate and other disclosures for review. Once you have provided your intent to proceed, your Mortgage Loan Professional will request documentation to validate your income, assets and liabilities.
Keep it up. You're getting smarter about home buying.
11 Clever Tips for Home Buyers
Keeping these suggestions in mind could help you avoid problems and find the right home.
How Long Does It Take to Get a Mortgage?
With the right preparation, you can have your mortgage loan in as little as one month.
The Pros and Cons of Owning a Home
Before buying a home, think about how it will impact your financial situation and lifestyle.
What Steps Should I Take to Buy a Home?
See the big picture of buying a home, from prequalification to closing.
Loans, lines of credit and credit cards are subject to credit approval.
All BB&T mortgage professionals are registered on the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry (NMLS), which promotes uniformity and transparency throughout the residential real estate industry. Search the NMLS Registry.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is a Member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender.