Simplify your finances with these easy steps that let you take control of your financial future.
- Have your paycheck or government check deposited directly into your BB&T checking account.
- Establish a regular savings program by having $300 (or some other amount) transferred into a BB&T eSavings account each month.
- Have your auto loan and credit card payments automatically debited from your checking account.
- Establish a home equity line of credit for unexpected expenses.
- Set up a dollar cost averaging purchasing program for mutual funds.
- Save for a child’s college education with an automatic transfer to a Coverdell Education Savings Account (Education IRA) or a Section 529 Plan.
- Review your 401(k) elections to make sure you are taking full advantage of the program.
- Commit to having a financial review, including your estate plan and investment strategy, within the next three months. Your BB&T Branch Banker can put you in touch with an advisor right for you and your situation.