It is easy to procrastinate when it comes to your finances. However, low interest rates, uncertain financial markets, and geopolitical tensions make now an ideal, if not critical, time to review your finances and your financial relationships. Beginning with the top of the list—borrowing and investments—here are some ways to help you take control of your financial future.
- Enjoy the convenience of direct deposit of your paycheck.
- Build a savings cushion by creating an automatic monthly transfer of funds to a savings account.
- Save time with online banking.
- Protect your credit record with overdraft protection on your checking account.
- Secure your retirement financial lifestyle by taking full advantage of your 401(k) or other employer-sponsored retirement plan and IRA options.
- Review your estate plan to make sure it reflects the 2001 and 2003 Tax Acts.
The final step should be examining your banking relationship. Using BB&T for all your financial needs will provide not only the products and services you need, but also the personal service you deserve.