Whether your priorities include retirement, education, security, a life event, legacy planning—or all of these—BB&T Investments can help you reach your goals.
Ways to invest
How do you prefer to invest? From "do it yourself" to "help me choose," we'll provide the right level of support to suit your style.
- Invest online using Marketconnect® if you prefer to invest on your own, or
- Talk with a financial consultant and get investment advice to help you reach your goals
Concerned about increasing college costs? Our flexible savings plans can help you afford the college of your choice.
- Begin early and make regular contributions—even small deposits will add up over time
- Benefit from tax-deferred growth and tax-free withdrawals for education expenses from most plans
- Accommodate your saving style with a variety of investment and FDIC-insured options
Which IRA is best for you? From Traditional and Roth to business IRAs—we'll help put you on the right path for retirement.
- Take advantage of money-saving features such as tax-deferred earnings and tax-deductible contributions
- Contribute to a Roth IRA today with after-tax money and get tax-free income at retirement
- Reduce your taxable income and enjoy tax-deferred growth with a business SEP (Simplified Employee Pension) or SIMPLE (Savings Incentive Match Plan for Employees) IRA
Contact us(moves focus) to get started with one of the following
A tax-deferred insurance product, annuities provide a steady stream of income at retirement.
- Establish retirement income for a specified amount of time or for life
- Plan for a death benefit payable to your beneficiary
- Grow earnings tax deferred, and pay ordinary income tax for distributions
Asset Management Account
An Asset Management Account helps you meet your transactional needs while putting remaining funds to work by "sweeping" them into your brokerage account.
- Select automated sweep to designate a minimum and maximum account balance, with the remaining funds swept into your brokerage account each night
- With the automated zero-balance sweep, choose to have all Asset Management funds deposited into your brokerage account nightly
- Opt for self-directed sweep to choose when to transfer cash between your Asset Management Account and your brokerage account
Bonds are a conservative way to invest, providing security and a steady source of interest income.
- Take advantage of an investment more stable than stocks
- Choose from options including US Treasury, municipal and corporate bonds
- Benefit from certain bonds that may be free from federal and/or state taxes
Exchange Traded Funds
Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) are perfect for investors who want the diversification of a mutual fund and the liquidity and purchasing power of a stock.
- Invest in a basket of securities available in virtually every asset class
- Buy or sell on the stock exchange at any point in the day
- Take advantage of lower fees and flexible buying and selling options
Market-linked Certificates of Deposit (CDs)
Issued by a bank, these CDs offer FDIC protection and an opportunity to participate in the upside of the stock market.
- Benefit from the security of up to $250,000 of FDIC insurance
- Know that performance is tied to an index, such as the S&P 500
- Invest in funds that are not liquid and that require a long-term commitment
Professionally managed, mutual funds enable you to build a diverse investment portfolio.
- Rely on a professional fund manager to monitor and manage investment performance
- Choose from an almost endless variety of equity, bond or cash options based on your goals and objectives
- Buy or sell your fund at market close—funds are priced once daily
Stocks can be a valuable part of a diversified portfolio, particularly for anyone who wants to own shares in a specific public corporation.
- Benefit from the possibility of increasing corporate earnings and stock prices
- Enjoy income that typically comes through regular dividends
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with purchasing stock online through Marketconnect® or through a financial consultant
Would you like to have expert guidance on your investment decisions? Our Managed Money Account is designed for anyone who wants a professionally managed and monitored portfolio.
- Get investment options afforded to larger investors
- Open your account with as little as $50,000
- Pay a low annualized management fee
Unit Investment Trusts
Consider Unit Investment Trusts (UITs) for capital appreciation or dividend income in a diversified, static portfolio.
- Access this investment with low purchase minimums of typically 100 units or $1,000
- Know what you are investing in with a fixed investment portfolio and a definitive termination date
- Redeem when the UIT terminates or sell at any time at current market value
Ready to get started?
Arrange a meeting.
Leave us your contact info, and we'll call you back.
Send certificates and correspondence to:
200 S. College St., 11th Floor
Charlotte, NC 28202
Am I Saving Enough for Retirement?
Find out if you're on track to meet your retirement goals with this handy calculator.
How Often Should I Do a Financial Check-up?
Know how often you should review your finances to make sure you're on track to reach your goals.
What Mistakes Am I Making With My Money?
Make sure you're avoiding these pitfalls to create better financial habits.
Traditional banking services are provided by Branch Banking and Trust Company, Member FDIC.
Only deposit products are FDIC insured.
Investment solutions are provided by BB&T Investments, a division of BB&T Securities, LLC(opens in a new tab), member FINRA (opens in a new tab)/SIPC (opens in a new tab). BB&T Securities, LLC is a wholly-owned nonbank subsidiary of BB&T Corporation. Securities and insurance products or annuities sold, offered or recommended by BB&T Investments are not a deposit, not FDIC insured, not guaranteed by a bank, not insured by any federal government agency and may lose value.
FINRA's BrokerCheck® is a free tool designed to help investors research the professional backgrounds of current and former FINRA-registered brokerage firms and brokers. Investors may access BrokerCheck by: 1. Visiting the BrokerCheck website at brokercheck.finra.org(opens in a new tab), or 2. Calling FINRA's BrokerCheck toll-free hotline at 800-289-9999 Monday through Friday from 8 am to 8 pm ET.
The information provided should not be considered as tax or legal advice. Please consult with your tax advisor and/or attorney regarding your individual circumstances.
Market data information is obtained from third-party sources believed to be reliable, but is provided “as is” with no warranty. Market data is provided for informational purposes only, does not constitute investment advice, and may not be used for trading. Market data is for the individual use of each site guest, and may not be copied, downloaded, stored or redistributed. Quotes are delayed 15 minutes. Some index information is proprietary to the index owner. Data access and usage is subject to the terms and conditions imposed by our third-party sources. Access or use of any data indicates agreement to these terms.