Whether your priorities include retirement, education, security, a life event, legacy planning—or all of these—BB&T Investments can help you reach your goals.
Ways to invest
How do you prefer to invest? From "do it yourself" to "help me choose," we'll provide the right level of support to suit your style.
- Invest online through U by BB&T if you prefer to invest on your own, or
- Talk with a financial consultant and get investment advice to help you reach your goals
Concerned about increasing college costs? Our flexible savings plans can help you afford the college of your choice.
- Begin early and make regular contributions—even small deposits will add up over time
- Benefit from tax-deferred growth and tax-free withdrawals for education expenses from most plans
- Accommodate your saving style with a variety of investment and FDIC-insured options
Which IRA is best for you? From Traditional and Roth to business IRAs—we'll help put you on the right path for retirement.
- Take advantage of money-saving features such as tax-deferred earnings and tax-deductible contributions
- Contribute to a Roth IRA today with after-tax money and get tax-free income at retirement
- Reduce your taxable income and enjoy tax-deferred growth with a business SEP (Simplified Employee Pension) or SIMPLE (Savings Incentive Match Plan for Employees) IRA
Contact us(moves focus) to get started with one of the following
A tax-deferred insurance product, annuities provide a steady stream of income at retirement.
- Establish retirement income for a specified amount of time or for life
- Plan for a death benefit payable to your beneficiary
- Grow earnings tax deferred, and pay ordinary income tax for distributions
Asset Management Account
An Asset Management Account helps you meet your transactional needs while putting remaining funds to work by "sweeping" them into your brokerage account.
- Select automated sweep to designate a minimum and maximum account balance, with the remaining funds swept into your brokerage account each night
- With the automated zero-balance sweep, choose to have all Asset Management funds deposited into your brokerage account nightly
- Opt for self-directed sweep to choose when to transfer cash between your Asset Management Account and your brokerage account
Bonds are a conservative way to invest, providing security and a steady source of interest income.
- Take advantage of an investment more stable than stocks
- Choose from options including US Treasury, municipal and corporate bonds
- Benefit from certain bonds that may be free from federal and/or state taxes
Exchange Traded Funds
Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) are perfect for investors who want the diversification of a mutual fund and the liquidity and purchasing power of a stock.
- Invest in a basket of securities available in virtually every asset class
- Buy or sell on the stock exchange at any point in the day
- Take advantage of lower fees and flexible buying and selling options
Market-linked Certificates of Deposit (CDs)
Issued by a bank, these CDs offer FDIC protection and an opportunity to participate in the upside of the stock market.
- Benefit from the security of up to $250,000 of FDIC insurance
- Know that performance is tied to an index, such as the S&P 500
- Invest in funds that are not liquid and that require a long-term commitment
Professionally managed, mutual funds enable you to build a diverse investment portfolio.
- Rely on a professional fund manager to monitor and manage investment performance
- Choose from an almost endless variety of equity, bond or cash options based on your goals and objectives
- Buy or sell your fund at market close—funds are priced once daily
Stocks can be a valuable part of a diversified portfolio, particularly for anyone who wants to own shares in a specific public corporation.
- Benefit from the possibility of increasing corporate earnings and stock prices
- Enjoy income that typically comes through regular dividends
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with purchasing stock online through U by BB&T or through a financial consultant
Would you like to have expert guidance on your investment decisions? Our Managed Money Account is designed for anyone who wants a professionally managed and monitored portfolio.
- Get investment options afforded to larger investors
- Open your account with as little as $50,000
- Pay a low annualized management fee
Unit Investment Trusts
Consider Unit Investment Trusts (UITs) for capital appreciation or dividend income in a diversified, static portfolio.
- Access this investment with low purchase minimums of typically 100 units or $1,000
- Know what you are investing in with a fixed investment portfolio and a definitive termination date
- Redeem when the UIT terminates or sell at any time at current market value
Ready to get started?
Find an advisor
Search by name, location, and more.
Leave us your contact info, and we'll call you back.
Am I Saving Enough for Retirement? (Calculator)
Find out if you're on track to meet your retirement goals with this handy calculator.
How Often Should I Do a Financial Check-up? (Article)
Know how often you should review your finances to make sure you're on track to reach your goals.
What Mistakes Am I Making With My Money? (Video)
Make sure you're avoiding these pitfalls to create better financial habits.
Traditional banking services are provided by Truist Bank, Member FDIC.
Only deposit products are FDIC insured.
See disclosuresregarding Reg BI practices (opens in a new tab) relating to Truist Investment Services, Inc. including Regulation Best Interest (Reg BI) practices.
Investment and Insurance Products:
• Are not FDIC or any other government agency insured • Are not bank guaranteed • May lose value
Truist, BB&T®, Sterling Capital®, SunTrust®, SunTrust PortfolioView, Truist Securities®, SunTrust Premier Program®, AMC Pinnacle®, AMC Premier®, Access 3®, Signature Advantage Brokerage, Custom Choice Loan®, SunTrust SummitView®, and GFO Advisory Services® are service marks of Truist Financial Corporation. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Services provided by the following affiliates of Truist Financial Corporation: Banking products and services, including loans and deposit accounts, are provided by SunTrust Bank and Branch Banking and Trust Company, both now Truist Bank, Member FDIC. Trust and investment management services are provided by SunTrust Bank and Branch Banking and Trust Company, both now Truist Bank, and SunTrust Delaware Trust Company. Securities, brokerage accounts and/or insurance (including annuities) are offered by Truist Investment Services, Inc. (d/b/a SunTrust Investment Services, Inc.) and P.J. Robb Variable Corp., which are SEC registered broker-dealers, members FINRA, SIPC, and a licensed insurance agency where applicable. Investment advisory services are offered by Truist Advisory Services, Inc. (d/b/a SunTrust Advisory Services, Inc.), GFO Advisory Services, LLC, Sterling Capital Management, LLC, and Precept Advisory Group, LLC, each SEC registered investment advisers. Sterling Capital Funds are advised by Sterling Capital Management, LLC. Mortgage products and services are offered through SunTrust Mortgage, a tradename for SunTrust Bank now Truist Bank. Life insurance products are offered through Truist Life Insurance Services, a division of Crump Life Insurance Services, Inc., AR license #100103477, a wholly owned subsidiary of Truist Insurance Holdings, Inc.
"Truist Advisors" may be officers and/or associated persons of the following affiliates of Truist Financial Corporation: SunTrust Bank now Truist Bank, our commercial bank, which provides banking, trust and asset management services; Truist Investment Services, Inc., a registered broker-dealer, which is a member of FINRA and SIPC, and a licensed insurance agency, and which provides securities, annuities and life insurance products; Truist Advisory Services, Inc., an SEC registered investment adviser which provides Investment Advisory services.
Comments regarding tax implications are informational only. Truist and its representatives do not provide tax or legal advice. You should consult your individual tax or legal professional before taking any action that may have tax or legal consequences.
Truist Wealth, International Wealth, Center for Family Legacy, Business Owner Specialty Group, Sports and Entertainment Group, and Legal and Medical Specialty Groups are marketing names used by affiliates of Truist Financial Corporation.
Truist Securities is the trade name for the corporate and investment banking services of Truist Financial Corporation and its subsidiaries, including Truist Securities, Inc., member FINRA and SIPC.
FINRA's BrokerCheck® is a free tool designed to help investors research the professional backgrounds of current and former FINRA-registered brokerage firms and brokers. Investors may access BrokerCheck by: 1. Visiting the BrokerCheck website at brokercheck.finra.org(opens in a new tab), or 2. Calling FINRA's BrokerCheck toll-free hotline at 800-289-9999 Monday through Friday from 8 am to 8 pm ET.
The information provided should not be considered as tax or legal advice. Please consult with your tax advisor and/or attorney regarding your individual circumstances.
Market data information is obtained from third-party sources believed to be reliable, but is provided “as is” with no warranty. Market data is provided for informational purposes only, does not constitute investment advice, and may not be used for trading. Market data is for the individual use of each site guest, and may not be copied, downloaded, stored or redistributed. Quotes are delayed 15 minutes. Some index information is proprietary to the index owner. Data access and usage is subject to the terms and conditions imposed by our third-party sources. Access or use of any data indicates agreement to these terms.
New York City residents: Translation or other language access services may be available. When calling our office regarding collection activity, if you speak a language other than English and need verbal translation services, be sure to inform the representative. A description and translation of commonly-used debt collection terms is available in multiple languages at www.nyc.gov/dca.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is now Truist Bank. Learn more.
BB&T and SunTrust have merged to become Truist. Both institutions will continue to offer independent product lines for a period of time. This may include differing underwriting guidelines, product features, terms, fees and pricing. Our friendly teammates at your local SunTrust branches will be happy to walk you through their respective products. You can also learn more by contacting them at 800-SUNTRUST or SunTrust.com.