Roth Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) can provide significant and unique tax advantages. Savings grow tax free, and when you retire, you'll enjoy tax-free withdrawals.
Best if you
- Can afford to save for retirement with after-tax income
- Want your earnings to grow tax free
- Have concerns about your tax liability at retirement
- Earnings grow tax free
- Withdrawals at retirement are tax free Disclosure 1
- Distributions at retirement are not required
Not convinced yet?
Roth IRAs have unique features that you won't find in any other retirement plan.
Enjoy these additional benefits
Roth IRAs provide more flexibility than other traditional and employer-sponsored retirement plans.
- Take advantage of a wide variety of investment options.
- Keep your money in your Roth IRA as long as you like. Unlike a traditional IRA, there are no required distributions.
- Contribute up to $6,000 per year, or $7.000 if you're 50 or older. Disclosure 2 Visit the IRS website(opens in a new tab) for more information.
Whether your priorities include retirement, education, security, a life event, legacy planning—or all of these—BB&T Investments has solutions to help you reach your goals.
Keep tabs on your account
Use U by BB&T®, our customizable online and mobile banking experience, to monitor all your accounts.
- View your BB&T and non-BB&T accounts and balances together for a complete view of your finances
- Skip the phone call and schedule an appointment with your BB&T banker online
- Take control of your finances—see your net worth, get your credit score, evaluate your spending and set financial goals
Ready to get started?
Leave us your contact info, and we'll call you back.
Send certificates and correspondence to:
200 S. College St., 11th Floor
Charlotte, NC 28202
Am I Saving Enough for Retirement?
Find out if you're on track to meet your retirement goals with this handy calculator.
What Will It Take to Become a Millionaire?
Learn how much to invest each month to reach $1 million.
Ready to get started?
Not convinced that a Roth IRA is right for you?
A distribution from a Roth IRA is tax and penalty free if the 5-year aging requirement has been satisfied and one of the following conditions is met: age 59½, death, disability, qualified first time home purchase.
Contribution limits may apply based on your Modified Adjusted Gross Income(opens in a new tab).
Traditional banking services are provided by Branch Banking and Trust Company, Member FDIC.
Only deposit products are FDIC insured.
Investment solutions are provided by BB&T Investments, a division of BB&T Securities, LLC(opens in a new tab), member FINRA (opens in a new tab)/SIPC (opens in a new tab). BB&T Securities, LLC is a wholly-owned nonbank subsidiary of BB&T Corporation. Securities and insurance products or annuities sold, offered or recommended by BB&T Investments are not a deposit, not FDIC insured, not guaranteed by a bank, not insured by any federal government agency and may lose value.
FINRA's BrokerCheck® is a free tool designed to help investors research the professional backgrounds of current and former FINRA-registered brokerage firms and brokers. Investors may access BrokerCheck by: 1. Visiting the BrokerCheck website at brokercheck.finra.org(opens in a new tab), or 2. Calling FINRA's BrokerCheck toll-free hotline at 800-289-9999 Monday through Friday from 8 am to 8 pm ET.
The information provided should not be considered as tax or legal advice. Please consult with your tax advisor and/or attorney regarding your individual circumstances.
Market data information is obtained from third-party sources believed to be reliable, but is provided “as is” with no warranty. Market data is provided for informational purposes only, does not constitute investment advice, and may not be used for trading. Market data is for the individual use of each site guest, and may not be copied, downloaded, stored or redistributed. Quotes are delayed 15 minutes. Some index information is proprietary to the index owner. Data access and usage is subject to the terms and conditions imposed by our third-party sources. Access or use of any data indicates agreement to these terms.