Roth Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) can provide significant and unique tax advantages. Savings grow tax free, and when you retire, you'll enjoy tax-free withdrawals.
Best if you
- Can afford to save for retirement with after-tax income
- Want your earnings to grow tax free
- Have concerns about your tax liability at retirement
- Earnings grow tax free
- Withdrawals at retirement are tax free1
- Distributions at retirement are not required
Not convinced yet?
Roth IRAs have unique features that you won't find in any other retirement plan.
Enjoy these additional benefits
Roth IRAs provide more flexibility than other traditional and employer-sponsored retirement plans.
- Take advantage of a wide variety of investment options.
- Keep your money in your Roth IRA as long as you like. Unlike a traditional IRA, there are no required distributions.
- Contribute up to $5,500 per year, or $6,500 if you're 50 or older.2 Visit the IRS website (opens in a new tab) for more information.
Keep tabs on your account
Use U by BB&T®, our customizable online and mobile banking experience, to monitor all your accounts.
- View your BB&T and non-BB&T accounts and balances together for a complete view of your finances
- Skip the phone call and schedule an appointment with your BB&T banker online
- Take control of your finances—see your net worth, get your credit score, evaluate your spending and set financial goals
Ready to get started?
Arrange a meeting
Leave us your contact info and we'll call you back
Send certificates and correspondence to:
200 S. College St., 11th Floor
Charlotte, NC 28202