Trade online and make your own investment decisions with access to real-time market data, late-breaking news and company earnings reports. And you can always get help from our licensed representatives.
Best if you
- Like to research investments and stay abreast of the market
- Prefer to make your own investment decisions
- Want the ease and convenience of trading online
- Appreciate the comfort of knowing that you can get help from a licensed representative
- Open the type of account that's right for you—from personal and business retirement plans to individual and joint accounts and more
- Choose from a wide array of products, including stocks, bonds, mutual funds and exchange traded funds
- Link your BB&T checking or savings account for automatic settlement of dividends, interest payments and trades
- Open your account with a minimum of $500
- Execute your trade online starting at $14.95 per transaction
- Place your trade with our licensed representatives for as little as $25
See our pricing guide(moves focus) for a complete list of fees.
With Marketconnect® you can place your trades and a whole lot more
- Get real-time quotes, balances and holdings
- View dividend and interest information
- Compare stocks and view account histories
- Download and print account information and tax documents
Whether your priorities include retirement, education, security, a life event, legacy planning—or all of these—BB&T Investments has solutions to help you reach your goals.
Detailed information on commission rates, transaction fees and other charges
Online Trading Commission Schedule
|Number of Shares||Commission Rate|
|1-500||$14.95 per transaction|
|500 or more||$14.95 per transaction plus $0.03 per share for each share over 500 shares|
Broker Assisted Trading
|Transaction Amount||Commission Rate|
Minimum charge: $25
US Government Bonds
- Treasury Auctions – $50 per transaction
- Secondary Market – Fees are a factor of the coupon, size of the order, maturity date and other features of each issue. Such fees are included in the price per bond.
Secondary Market – Fees are a factor of the coupon, size of the order, maturity date, credit quality and other features of each issue. Such fees are included in the price per bond.
Fees are a factor of the coupon, size of the order, maturity date, credit quality and other features of each issue. Such fees are included in the price per bond.
Mutual funds and Unit Investment Trusts are charged as indicated in the prospectus. Commissions charged for no-load mutual funds are subject to the equities schedule.
- Regular commission plus $0.75 per contract
- Option application and approval required
- Contact a trader at 800-453-7348, option 2
Margin Interest Charges
- Under $25,000 – 1.75% + broker call rate
- Over $25,000 – 1.5% + broker call rate
- Required minimum equity is $2,000
- Margin agreement required
Ready to get started?
Arrange a meeting.
Leave us your contact info, and we'll call you back.
Send certificates and correspondence to:
200 S. College St., 11th Floor
Charlotte, NC 28202
Am I Saving Enough for Retirement?
Find out if you're on track to meet your retirement goals with this handy calculator.
How Often Should I Do a Financial Check-up?
Know how often you should review your finances to make sure you're on track to reach your goals.
What Mistakes Am I Making With My Money?
Make sure you're avoiding these pitfalls to create better financial habits.
Frequently asked questions
What is a self-directed brokerage/IRA account?
Self-directed brokerage is a service that allows you to create and manage your own investment transactions.
How do I open a self-directed brokerage/IRA account?
It's easy. Get the application by calling us at 800-642-8545, option 3.
How soon can I trade after opening my brokerage account?
Accounts are usually opened same day, and in most cases trading can begin immediately.
How soon can I trade after opening my IRA account?
With retirement accounts, assets must be in the account to trade.
What types of accounts can I open?
You can choose from several types of brokerage, specialty and retirement accounts.
How do I execute a trade?
After your account has been established, we will contact you with a personalized Marketconnect user ID and temporary password that you will use to place online orders. To place an order by phone, contact a BB&T licensed representative at 800-642-8545.
How do I access Marketconnect?
Online trading is available through the Marketconnect website(opens in a new tab) or under the Personal Login menu of BBT.com.
What if I already have a brokerage/IRA account?
You can open a BB&T Investments self-directed brokerage IRA regardless of how many other brokerage or IRA accounts you have.
How do I settle my brokerage transactions?
When you open a self-directed brokerage account, you can choose one of the following three settlement options:
How do I settle my IRA transactions?
Retirement account assets must be held by a custodian. As a result, available cash and securities are not delivered to you on the settlement date. Instead, they will be held in your account.
Ready to get started?
Not convinced that investing with guidance is right for you?
Traditional banking services are provided by Branch Banking and Trust Company, Member FDIC.
Only deposit products are FDIC insured.
Investment solutions are provided by BB&T Investments, a division of BB&T Securities, LLC (opens in a new tab) member FINRA (opens in a new tab)/SIPC (opens in a new tab). BB&T Securities, LLC is a wholly-owned nonbank subsidiary of BB&T Corporation. Securities and insurance products or annuities sold, offered or recommended by BB&T Investments are not a deposit, not FDIC insured, not guaranteed by a bank, not insured by any federal government agency and may lose value.
FINRA's BrokerCheck® is a free tool designed to help investors research the professional backgrounds of current and former FINRA-registered brokerage firms and brokers. Investors may access BrokerCheck by: 1. Visiting the BrokerCheck website at brokercheck.finra.org(opens in a new tab), or 2. Calling FINRA's BrokerCheck toll-free hotline at 800-289-9999 Monday through Friday from 8 am to 8 pm ET.
The information provided should not be considered as tax or legal advice. Please consult with your tax advisor and/or attorney regarding your individual circumstances.
Market data information is obtained from third-party sources believed to be reliable, but is provided “as is” with no warranty. Market data is provided for informational purposes only, does not constitute investment advice, and may not be used for trading. Market data is for the individual use of each site guest, and may not be copied, downloaded, stored or redistributed. Quotes are delayed 15 minutes. Some index information is proprietary to the index owner. Data access and usage is subject to the terms and conditions imposed by our third-party sources. Access or use of any data indicates agreement to these terms.