Whether you're looking at doing a few minor home upgrades or a major renovation, you'll want to make sure your insurance is up to date, and that your agent is aware of the changes you're planning to make—before you break ground or hammer the first nail.
BB&T Insurance Services agents are homeowners insurance experts and are available to answer any questions you may have about your coverage. We'll not only make sure you have the right amount of protection, since your renovations will increase the overall value of your home, but we'll make sure you're protected during construction as well.
- Contact us to discuss short-term coverage that will cover materials, workers (especially if you're doing the job yourself or with friends) and your personal property.
- Use insured professional contractors who have their own general liability policies and offer their employees workers' compensation coverage.
- Ask about building permits, especially if you are changing your home's structure.
- Explore the real value of your renovations, including new furniture, appliances and other property.
- Review your current policy with a BB&T Insurance Services agent to make sure you have enough coverage once construction is complete.
BB&T offers a full range of personal insurance plans through BB&T Insurance Services. A wholly owned subsidiary of BB&T, BB&T Insurance Services is one of the largest insurance companies in the country. Call 800-422-8448 today to speak with a BB&T Insurance Services agent who will help you evaluate your needs and choose homeowners insurance coverage that's right for you, your family and your budget.