Make life easier with a flexible line of credit
Best if you
- Have available equity in your home
- Have a borrowing need such as home improvement, major purchases or debt consolidation
- Want a line of credit that's available when you need it
- Want overdraft protection for your BB&T checking account
- Option to lock in balances with a fixed rate and term Disclosure 1
- Enjoy a line of credit that replenishes as you pay it off
- Borrow at lower interest rates than credit cards
- Choose from flexible payment options: interest only or 1.5% of the outstanding balance
Select your state(moves focus) to see details for your location.
Fixed-rate loan option
With our worry-free fixed-rate loan option, you'll get the security of a fixed rate and term—and the peace of mind that comes with predictable payments.
- Take advantage of competitive rates and a low set-up fee
- Avoid the hassle of getting a new loan for large purchases
- Replenish your available line of credit with each loan payment
- Get up to three loans of at least $5,000 simultaneously
Use your home equity line of credit for any number of large expenses, including:
- Home improvements
- Major purchases or appliances
- Tuition or education costs
- Medical expenses
- Debt consolidation
- Ongoing or unplanned expenses
Ready to get started?
Locate a branch.
What Do I Need to Apply for a Home Equity Line of Credit? (Article)
Applying for a home equity line of credit (HELOC) is a bit like applying for a mortgage, minus a couple of steps.
Not convinced that a home equity line of credit is right for you?
Select your state
A fixed option may be available on all or portions of your line. Fixed options are priced based on the margin, amount and term selected and will vary from your home equity line variable rate or any promotional rate. Clients may have up to three fixed options at any time on their home equity line. There is a $50 Fixed Option set up fee.
Loans are subject to credit approval.
All BB&T mortgage professionals are registered on the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry (NMLS), which promotes uniformity and transparency throughout the residential real estate industry. Search the NMLS Registry.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is a Member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is now Truist Bank. Learn more.
BB&T and SunTrust have merged to become Truist. Both institutions will continue to offer independent product lines for a period of time. This may include differing underwriting guidelines, product features, terms, fees and pricing. Our friendly teammates at your local SunTrust branches will be happy to walk you through their respective products. You can also learn more by contacting them at 800-SUNTRUST or SunTrust.com.