Concerned about money for a down payment? Not sure if you qualify for a mortgage? We have a variety of programs that can help.
Best if you
- Have less than 20% to put down on your home
- Want to use money that was gifted to you toward your mortgage
- Are concerned about qualifying for your loan
- Need to borrow as much as possible of your home's purchase price
- Easier to meet down-payment requirements
- Flexible ways to fund your down payment or closing costs
- Lower income and credit score requirements
- Greater percentage of financing available
Available low down payment options
First-Time Home Buyer
Rural Housing Loan
Shopping for rates?
Estimate your rates
All fields are required.
Ready to get started?
Start your mortgage
Already started your mortgage application?
Find a mortgage professional
Interested in a mortgage?
- Call 888-946-8730
- Available Monday through Friday, 8 am to 8 pm ET, and on Saturdays from 9 am to 1 pm ET
- Have a BB&T mortgage professional contact you(opens in a new tab)
Already have a mortgage?
- Call 800-295-5744
Contact your mortgage professional
How Much Can I Afford to Spend on a Home? (Calculator)
Find out how much you can afford given your monthly budget.
How Much Money Will I Need to Buy a Home? (Article)
Get familiar with typical homebuying costs so you can budget accordingly and avoid surprises.
Where to Find Down Payment Assistance (Article)
When you don't have much for a down payment, down payment assistance options can help you get into a home.
Ready to get started?
Not convinced that a low down payment mortgage is right for you?
For additional information, visit our homebuyer education course online, on your own schedule.
Purchase of primary residence one-unit property only, excluding manufactured housing.
Loans, lines of credit and credit cards are subject to credit approval.
All BB&T mortgage professionals are registered on the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry (NMLS), which promotes uniformity and transparency throughout the residential real estate industry. Search the NMLS Registry.
Truist Bank, Member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is now Truist Bank. Learn more.
BB&T and SunTrust have merged to become Truist. Both institutions will continue to offer independent product lines for a period of time. This may include differing underwriting guidelines, product features, terms, fees and pricing. Our friendly teammates at your local SunTrust branches will be happy to walk you through their respective products. You can also learn more by contacting them at 800-SUNTRUST or SunTrust.com.