Owe federal income taxes? Save time and effort by paying online.
Pay your personal federal income taxes online and get instant payment confirmation by using:
- BB&T credit card – take advantage of your revolving credit
- BB&T debit card – deduct funds right from your checking account
Federal taxes you can pay online: Disclosure 1
- Form 1040 – all types (including installment agreement, prior year and advanced payment)
- Balance Due Return or Balance Due Notice
- Form 1040ES Estimated Tax
- Trust Fund Recovery Penalty Tax Payment
Pay your business federal income taxes online and get instant payment confirmation by using:
- CashManager OnLine® – Mid- to large-sized businesses can send Automated Clearing House (ACH) credit payments to the federal government at least one day before the payment is due with CashManager OnLine. You also may pay most state and local government taxes with the ACH credit option.
- U by BB&T® – Companies with 5 to 25 employees can make federal tax payments with U by BB&T.
To use CashManager OnLine or U by BB&T, you must first enroll with the Electronic Federal Tax Payment System®(opens in a new tab)(EFTPS) Disclosure 2 . When you enroll, select the payment option to allow your financial institution to initiate your transaction.
Additional federal tax payment options for business owners:
- BB&T credit or debit card to pay your taxes via the IRS website
- ACH debit option on the EFTPS website
How Often Should I Do a Financial Check-up? (Article)
Know how often you should review your finances to make sure you're on track to reach your goals.
U by BB&T: Plan and Analyze Overview (Video)
Learn how our personal financial management tool helps you take control of your finances—all with one simple login.
Ready to get started?
Curious about other services we offer?
The information provided should not be considered as tax or legal advice. Please consult with your tax advisor and/or attorney regarding your individual circumstances.
You must use EFTPS to make federal tax deposits.
Traditional banking services are provided by Truist Bank, Member FDIC.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is now Truist Bank. Learn more.
BB&T and SunTrust have merged to become Truist. Both institutions will continue to offer independent product lines for a period of time. This may include differing underwriting guidelines, product features, terms, fees and pricing. Our friendly teammates at your local SunTrust branches will be happy to walk you through their respective products. You can also learn more by contacting them at 800-SUNTRUST or SunTrust.com.