Best if you
- Prefer the convenience of account access using mobile text
- Require basic account information
- Don't have a smartphone
- Easy to set up through BB&T online banking
- Receive information on your account in seconds
- Personal information is encrypted using advanced technology
- Doesn't require a smartphone
Getting set up
It's easy—just follow these simple steps:
From your mobile device:
- Ensure your mobile phone is ready to receive text messages
- Go to BBT.com on your phone browser, or start the BB&T mobile app
- On the mobile website go to Alerts, Email & Mobile Settings and tap Go to Text Banking or go to your Profile on the mobile app
- Enter and confirm your mobile number
- Check for a verification text from MYBBT (69228)
- Text back YES to verify your new number
- A welcome text confirming your enrollment will be sent to you
From your desktop:
- Once logged into online banking 1) go to Customer Service from the main menu 2) select Manage My Alerts 3) choose Email and Mobile Settings 4) select Go to Text Banking
- Enter up to two mobile numbers
- Set your account nicknames, and you're ready to go
Using mobile text
To use mobile text, just send a text message to 69228 (MYBBT), and insert the text command that corresponds to your request. You'll be able to:
- Access your available balance
- Transfer money between your accounts
- View your transactions
We'll text you back with the information you requested, usually within seconds.
English text commands:
BAL for balance, TRA for transfers, LAST for transaction history, INFO for a list of all the quick codes, STOP to opt out of receiving text alerts, START to resume alerts and HELP for quick code help.
Spanish text commands:
SAL for balance, TRANS for transfers, ULT for transaction history, INFOR for a list of all the quick codes, CAN to opt out of receiving text alerts, INSC to resume alerts and AYUDA for quick code help.
Learn how to get cash back with your everyday purchases with U by BB&T®.
Welcome to the demo for BB&T Deals—the feature that helps you earn cash back for everyday purchases you make with your BB&T Debit and Prepaid cards.
First of all, you don't need to sign up or enroll. BB&T Deals are automatically available to you as long as you have an eligible debit or prepaid card at BB&T.
You'll notice that the BB&T Deals tile will show up automatically on your U dashboard if you're logging in on a desktop. In the mobile app, it's easy to add the Deals tile to your dashboard, like this.
The Deals tile will give you relevant offers from BB&T that are based on your purchase activity. Like 10% cash back on your next trip to a favorite restaurant or store.
To take advantage of the offers, here's all you have to do:
Add the deal either by tapping on your mobile phone or clicking on your computer. The deal will show you the offer, how much cash back you'll get and the expiration date. After you add the deal, just shop at the store using your debit or prepaid card. And the cash back will be credited to your account the following month—for most purchases.
So, I'm going to add this offer for Chili's, who's offering 10% cash back. All I have to do now is use my debit or prepaid card to pay for a meal before the deal expires. And I get 10% cash back right into my account. It's that easy.
Click. Shop. Earn. Simple, Right?
And be assured, your personal information is never shared with the retailers who offer these cash back deals.
The more you use your card, the more deals you will get.
Remember, in order to earn cash back, you've got to add your deals before you shop.
And, there's no harm in adding every deal that comes your way. If you don't end up using it, there's no penalty.
By the way, we'll send you deal alerts, too. We'll notify you when a new one is available so you never miss out on any deals.
We hope this demo is helpful. And we hope the new BB&T Deals puts a lot of cash back in your pocket.
U by BB&T: eBills
Gain more control of your bills by having them all in one place—your online banking account.
Don't have a BB&T checking account?
Not convinced that text banking is right for you?