Alerts can provide key account information regarding a variety of activities to help keep you secure. Easily set up and manage alerts in U by BB&T®. Receive them by text message or email to keep informed without having to log in to U.
Getting essential information in a timely fashion helps you consider actions to keep your finances healthy. With alerts you can:
- Get notified of select activities on eligible accounts
- Use balance-limit alerts to help prevent overdraft fees
- Set quiet times for your mobile text alerts
- Receive your BB&T ATM receipts in your email or as a text message
Your email address and phone number must be current in your online banking profile to receive alerts.
Ensuring the security of your personal information is a top priority for us. We're committed to making sure:
- Your personal information is protected by advanced encryption technology to prevent unauthorized access
- Our alerts service uses the same security as our online banking
When you enroll in online or mobile banking, you're automatically set up with security alerts to help your account stay safe.
- When a change to your profile occurs, such as a new password
- Your email address or mobile number gets changed or deleted
- Your account is locked due to multiple, unsuccessful log in attempts
You can choose from a variety of additional alerts to receive information that's most important to you.
- Daily or weekly account balances
- Withdrawal of cash from your account
- Online, phone or mail purchases using your credit card
- Credit card transaction at an international location
Ready to get started?
U in 90 Seconds: Alerts (Video)
Learn how you can protect yourself by setting up alerts in U by BB&T.
What Can U Do for Me? (Video)
See how U by BB&T can make managing your money easy and convenient.
Don't have a BB&T checking account?
Want to learn more about U by BB&T?
Fees from your mobile or data carrier may apply. A monthly service fee applies if you choose to access your online banking financial data through QuickBooks® or Quicken® Direct Connect.
Branch Banking and Trust Company, Member FDIC.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is now Truist Bank. Learn more.
BB&T and SunTrust have merged to become Truist. Both institutions will continue to offer independent product lines for a period of time. This may include differing underwriting guidelines, product features, terms, fees and pricing. Our friendly teammates at your local SunTrust branches will be happy to walk you through their respective products. You can also learn more by contacting them at 800-SUNTRUST or SunTrust.com.