BB&T Bill Pay: Frequently Asked Questions
On Monday, August 14, 2017, your BB&T Bill Pay and eBill platform will have a new look and feel. There are some changes that will impact how your bill payments process. Please carefully review the information below and contact us at 800-BANK-BBT (800-226-5228) if you have additional questions.
Will I have access to bill pay during the transition to the new bill pay platform?
Starting Friday, August 11, 2017, at 7 pm ET, you won't be able to access bill pay until Monday, August 14, 2017, at 6 am ET. You may start setting up bill payments on the new platform starting Monday, August 14, 2017. The earliest Send On date will be Monday, August 14, 2017, for payments scheduled prior to 7 pm ET on that day. Bill payments may be scheduled using U by BB&T® online banking or the U mobile app.
If for any reason we are unable to transition your recipients or associated payments, they'll be listed within online banking by a link on the Bill Pay-Make Payments page. This link will also give you access to your bill pay history.
When will the funds for a bill payment be deducted from my available balance?
With the new bill pay, you select the date you want the payment to be sent to the recipient, based on the recipient payment method: electronic bill payments are delivered within 2 business days, and paper check payments are delivered within 5 business days. BB&T will display the number of days needed to deliver the payment. A user-friendly calendar will assist you in setting up your payments dates.
- For electronic payments, funds are deducted from your available balance on the Send On date and withdrawn from your account on the Deliver By date.
- For paper check payments, the funds are withdrawn from your account after the recipient deposits the check.
If there isn't enough money in your account on the Send On date, BB&T reserves the right to cancel your payment. You won't incur an overdraft fee, but your bill won't be paid. You'll need to reschedule your payment when you have adequate funds available in your account.
What will happen to my bill payments that are pending?
To minimize disruption to your bill pay service, all bill payments with a Deliver By date through Thursday, August 17, 2017, will be processed on the existing bill pay platform. However, you won't have access to delete or edit these payments after 7 pm ET on Friday, August 11, 2017. Please make any adjustments necessary prior to 7 pm ET on Friday, August 11, 2017.
Payments falling on the below dates will be processed on the existing bill pay platform:
- Monday, August 14, 2017
- Tuesday, August 15, 2017
- Wednesday, August 16, 2017
- Thursday, August 17, 2017
All bill payments with a Deliver By date after Thursday, August 17, 2017, will be moved and processed on the new bill pay platform.
How will my auto payments be converted?
- Single Payments – All one-time bill payments will be converted to the new bill pay with a frequency of Single.
- Recurring Payments – Although your recurring payments will convert to the new bill pay, the first recurring payment processed through BB&T will be set up with a frequency of Single. All subsequent payments will show with the appropriate frequency (e.g., monthly, weekly or annually). Payments will process with the original Deliver By date established.
For example: You have a monthly car payment of $300 due on the 29th of each month. Your upcoming payments through online banking will show a single payment to be delivered by August 29, 2017, and then a monthly recurring payment starting with delivery by September 29, 2017.
Will my eBills be converted?
If you receive your bills electronically (eBill), your eBills will be transitioned to the new bill pay platform. You'll have access to them through U by BB&T online banking and the U mobile app beginning Monday, August 14, 2017. You'll be prompted to accept new BB&T eBill Terms and Conditions upon logging in.
Does the new bill pay have different features?
- You'll be able to schedule and view your upcoming bill payments from the U dashboard.
- Electronic bill payments are processed in 2 business days.
- BB&T deducts the funds from your available balance on the Send On date for electronic payments.
- Bill payments can be scheduled on the current business day until 7 pm ET.
- The maximum single bill pay amount per payment is $100,000 (no daily limit). Account restrictions may apply.
- Bill payments aren't processed on weekends or federal holidays.
- Recurring bill payments that fall on a weekend or holiday will be processed the previous business day.
- Duplicate bill payments aren't permitted (same recipient, process date and amount).
For more information about processing times and methods, see the Bill Pay Help, which can be accessed starting on Monday, August 14, 2017, within online banking.
Fees from your mobile or data carrier may apply. A monthly service fee applies if you choose to access your online banking financial data through QuickBooks® or Quicken® Direct Connect.
Branch Banking and Trust Company, Member FDIC.