BB&T Online Banking Bill Payment Guarantee
We send all paper check bill payments through the US Mail. Payments made with a paper check are generally received and credited by most payees within 5 business days after we have processed the payment. We are not responsible for postal delays or processing delays by a payee.
BB&T will reimburse you up to $50 in late payment fees or penalties you are charged as a result of the failure of a business payee to receive a payment made through BB&T online banking by the due date, if you meet the following conditions:
- Payments must be initiated before 7 pm ET at least 5 business days prior to the due date for nonelectronic payments and before 7 pm ET and at least 2 business days prior to the due date for electronic payments. The first time a payment is sent to a specific payee, it is required to be scheduled 5 business days prior to the due date regardless of the payment method.
- When you initiate your claim, you must provide BB&T with the correct payee name, address, account information and payment amount. In addition, you must comply with these conditions:
- On the withdrawal date, your designated bill paying account must contain sufficient funds to complete the payment.
- The payment must be made to a business.
- Your computer hardware, computer software, Internet Service Provider (ISP) and method of connecting to your ISP (modem, cable modem, DSL, etc.) must be functioning properly at the time the payment was scheduled and we have evidence of you initiating the payment on our system.
You must provide BB&T with a copy of the statement showing the amount of late fees owed.
Mortgage Payment Exception: If your mortgage payment is due on the first of each month with a 15-day grace period, the payment must be initiated to go out on or before the third calendar day of each month, or the payment guarantee will not apply.
Note: Guarantee applies to actual due date. Grace period does not apply.
Truist Bank, Member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender.
New York City residents: Translation or other language access services may be available. When calling our office regarding collection activity, if you speak a language other than English and need verbal translation services, be sure to inform the representative. A description and translation of commonly-used debt collection terms is available in multiple languages at www.nyc.gov/dca.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is now Truist Bank. Learn more.
BB&T and SunTrust have merged to become Truist. Both institutions will continue to offer independent product lines for a period of time. This may include differing underwriting guidelines, product features, terms, fees and pricing. Our friendly teammates at your local SunTrust branches will be happy to walk you through their respective products. You can also learn more by contacting them at 800-SUNTRUST or SunTrust.com.