Basic Public Fund Checking
Best if you
- Are a small public entity, such as a state or federal government agency, local municipality or public agency
- Have low monthly check transactions and deposits
- Want an affordable account with minimal balance requirements
- Get up to 200 free checking transactions per statement cycle and up to $10,000 in cash processing per statement cycle
- Next-business-day funding to your account with credit and debit processing1
- Get a discount of up to $50 on your first order of business checks
Avoid the $12 monthly maintenance fee with one or more of the following qualifiers each statement cycle:
- $1,500 average monthly balance
- $6,000 combined average monthly balances in checking accounts, money market savings accounts and/or outstanding balances on business or personal BB&T credit cards2
- A qualifying transaction from a BB&T Merchant Services account1
- $1,000 in eligible purchases each month on your BB&T business debit or credit card3
Transactions and fees
During each statement cycle, you'll receive:
- 200 combined items4 free, then pay $0.50 for each additional transaction
- $5,000 in no-fee cash processing, then pay a nominal fee (varies by state) for each additional $1,000
Enjoy around-the-clock access to your account.
- Manage your account from any device through Small Business Online
- Call 800-BANK-BBT (800-226-5228) for unlimited automated account information
- Withdraw and deposit money at any BB&T ATM
BB&T Small Business Online
Powerful online banking services
See how easy it is to manage your business finances from your desktop or mobile devices.
Features and benefits
Put Small Business Online to work for your business.
- Mobile-friendly design – Access the same great features whether you're in the office or on the road
- Easy account monitoring – View accounts, make payments and transfer funds
- Convenient notifications – Get text or email alerts about important account activities
- Optional payment services – Move your money quickly with same-day ACH payments
Link your BB&T checking account to another BB&T account to potentially avoid overdraft and returned item fees.
Public fund money rate savings
Use earned interest and convenient account access to meet your financial goals.
Ready to get started?
Not convinced that Basic Public Fund Checking is right for you?