Best if you
- Are a sole proprietorship or startup
- Have limited monthly check transactions and cash deposits
- Want an affordable account with the option to avoid monthly maintenance fees
- A discount of up to $25 on your first order of business checks
- Free mobile app with mobile check deposit
- Next business day funding with card processing
- Convenient account access 24/7
- No monthly maintenance fees or balance requirements
- Online monthly statements at no charge; $3 for paper statements Disclosure 1
Transactions and fees
Ready to get started?
What you'll need to open an account
Here's all the information you'll need to open your account online or in a branch. Please note: You'll need this information for each of your business owners, beneficial owners (25% stake or more), and authorized signers. Learn more about the requirements for opening a business account
For the organization
- Federal Tax ID
- Legal business name
- "Doing business as" name, if applicable
- Business incorporation details and issue date
- State registrations, if applicable
- Business address (both physical and mailing addresses)
- Stock or ticker symbol, if publicly traded
For business owners
- Home address
- Date of birth
- Social Security or Tax ID number
- A copy of your government-issued ID (See details about the requirements for your government-issued ID)
- Business title (Controlling Person only)
- Ownership percentage (Beneficial Owners only)
Opening your account at a branch? Before your visit, please complete the Beneficial Ownership Certification (PDF).
Opening your account online? You'll be able to enter the required information in your application.
Ready to get started?
Not convinced that Business Value 50 Checking is right for you?
Select your state
For a complete list of account fees, see our Business Services Pricing Guide (PDF).
See our Commercial Bank Services Agreement (PDF) for more information.
Learn more about your account, including fees and ways you can avoid them.
Paper statement fees may apply. See our Business Services Pricing Guide for more information.
Combined items represent checks paid, debit and credit memos, deposit tickets, checks deposited, online bill payments, and electronic debits and credits (including debit card transactions).
Fees from your mobile or data carrier may apply.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is a Member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is now Truist Bank. Learn more.
BB&T and SunTrust have merged to become Truist. Both institutions will continue to offer independent product lines for a period of time. This may include differing underwriting guidelines, product features, terms, fees and pricing. Our friendly teammates at your local SunTrust branches will be happy to walk you through their respective products. You can also learn more by contacting them at 800-SUNTRUST or SunTrust.com.