Best if you
- Are a growing or expanding business
- Have a moderate-to-high amount of checking transactions, treasury activity or cash deposits
- Want an affordable account with the option to avoid monthly maintenance fees
- Get 500 free transactions and up to $30,000 in cash processing per statement cycle
- Enjoy a personal Elite Gold interest-bearing checking account with no maintenance fee
- No automatic overdraft protection transfer fee
- Get a discount of up to $100 on your first order of business checks
Avoid the $25 monthly maintenance fee with one or more of the following qualifiers each statement cycle:
- $15,000 average monthly balance
- $35,000 combined average monthly balances in checking accounts, money market savings accounts, business CDs and/or outstanding balances on business or personal BB&T credit cards Disclosure 1
- Two or more qualifying transactions from a BB&T Merchant Services account Disclosure 2
- $2,500 or more in eligible purchases each month on your BB&T business debit or credit card Disclosure 3
U by BB&T
Powerful online banking services
Manage your business finances quickly and easily from your desktop or mobile devices.
Welcome to U by BB&T. We created U to make managing your finances fast and easy.
You can do all the basics, like check your balances, transfer money, pay bills, and deposit checks, and we've got some new features we think you'll like, too. Now you have a customizable dashboard with movable tiles, so you see what's important to you.
Get your free credit score, and learn how to improve it to get to the Excellent green zone. Add BB&T deals to earn cash back while you shop. Make your daily coffee start working for you.
Stick to a budget and reach your spending goals with U's plan and analyze features. Your dream vacation can be a reality sooner than you think.
You can store and attach receipts to your transactions to keep track of what you buy, which comes in handy when you need to make a return, and we've partnered with Zelle, so now you can pay your friends back in minutes no matter who they bank with.
Need to talk to someone? Schedule an appointment or connect with your personal banker directly in U.
Want to make sure you have enough money for some extras this month? Quick view your balance on your phone without logging in.
You can see all your financial and investment accounts in one place, not just the ones with BB&T.
So check it out. Come see how U by BB&T makes managing your finances fast and easy. See what U can do for you. [MUSIC PLAYING]
Features and benefits
Put U by BB&T to work for your business.
- All the basics – Check your balances, transfer money, pay bills, deposit checks, set alerts, customize your dashboard and more
- ACH & wire services – Includes direct deposit and federal tax payments
- Multiple user access – Grant access to employees, set account and transaction access levels, set single transaction limits
- Plan & Analyze – Link your outside accounts, categorize transactions, analyze your spending, create a budget and set goals
- My Receipts – Collect, store and manage all your receipts in one place
- Card controls – Choose when, where and how your debit card is used
- Personal payments – Send and receive money the fast, safe and easy way with Zelle®
Ready to get started?
What you'll need to open an account
Here's all the information you'll need to open your account online or in a branch. Please note: You'll need this information for each of your business owners, beneficial owners (25% stake or more), and authorized signers. Learn more about the requirements for opening a business account
For the organization
- Federal Tax ID
- Legal business name
- "Doing business as" name, if applicable
- Business incorporation details and issue date
- State registrations, if applicable
- Business address (both physical and mailing addresses)
- Stock or ticker symbol, if publicly traded
For business owners
- Home address
- Date of birth
- Social Security or Tax ID number
- A copy of your government-issued ID (See details about the requirements for your government-issued ID)
- Business title (Controlling Person only)
- Ownership percentage (Beneficial Owners only)
Opening your account at a branch? Before your visit, please complete the Beneficial Ownership Certification (PDF).
Opening your account online? You'll be able to enter the required information in your application.
Ready to get started?
Not convinced that Business Value 500 Checking is right for you?
Select your state
For a complete list of account fees, see our Business Services Pricing Guide (PDF).
See our Commercial Bank Services Agreement (PDF) for more information.
Learn more about your account, including fees and ways you can avoid them.
Business credit cards are subject to business type and credit approval.
BB&T Merchant Services are subject to business type and credit approval. A BB&T Merchant Services qualifying transaction is a payment card settlement (e.g., Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express®, or Discover®) from a BB&T Merchant account deposited to a linked BB&T checking account at least once during the monthly statement cycle.
BB&T debit cards are automatically available for BB&T business checking accounts. BB&T business credit cards are subject to credit approval. The qualifying credit cards are BB&T Visa® Business and BB&T Visa Signature Business. Eligible purchase amount threshold is calculated as follows: the business debit card purchase amount (returns will reduce the purchase amount) from the activity on your last deposit statement combined with the business credit card purchase amount (balance owed) from your last credit card statement. The following transactions performed on debit and/or credit cards do not apply: a) ATM b) refunds, returns or other adjustments c) cash advances or purchases of cash-like items, such as money orders, official checks, traveler's checks, access checks and foreign currency d) balance transfers and convenience checks e) fees of any kind such as cash advance fees, balance transfer fees, late payment fees, annual fees, over-limit fees, foreign transaction fees, insurance charges, returned check fees, enrollment fees, nonsufficient funds (NSF) fees and related service and unauthorized charges.
Combined items represent checks paid, debit and credit memos, deposit tickets, checks deposited, online bill payments, and electronic debits and credits (including debit card transactions).
Fees from your mobile or data carrier may apply.
Only deposit products are FDIC insured.
Truist Bank, Member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is now Truist Bank. Learn more.
BB&T and SunTrust have merged to become Truist. Both institutions will continue to offer independent product lines for a period of time. This may include differing underwriting guidelines, product features, terms, fees and pricing. Our friendly teammates at your local SunTrust branches will be happy to walk you through their respective products. You can also learn more by contacting them at 800-SUNTRUST or SunTrust.com.