Best if you
- Are a growing or expanding business
- Have a moderate-to-high amount of checking transactions, treasury activity or cash deposits
- Want an affordable account with the option to avoid monthly maintenance fees
- Get 500 free transactions and up to $30,000 in cash processing per statement cycle
- Enjoy a personal Elite Gold interest-bearing checking account with no maintenance fee
- No automatic overdraft protection transfer fee
- Get a discount of up to $100 on your first order of business checks
Avoid the $25 monthly maintenance fee with one or more of the following qualifiers each statement cycle:
- $15,000 average monthly balance
- $35,000 combined average monthly balances in checking accounts, money market savings accounts, business CDs and/or outstanding balances on business or personal BB&T credit cards Disclosure 1
- Two or more qualifying transactions from a BB&T Merchant Services account Disclosure 2
- $2,500 or more in eligible purchases each month on your BB&T business debit or credit card Disclosure 3
BB&T Small Business Online
Powerful online banking services
See how easy it is to manage your business finances from your desktop or mobile devices.
BB&T small business online. BB&T offers powerful online banking services that help you manage the day to day finances of your business, anytime, anywhere. Regardless of the device you're on, BB&T small business online fits the way you prefer to bank. Accounts, transactions, and more, log in to see all of your accounts and balances, as well as recent transactions at a glance.
Easily access frequently used features with simple navigation. Select an account to see your account details all in one place. Check current balance, review pending and post transactions, and view check images, all accessible, whether you're at your desk or on the go. Business services. When you enroll in business services, you enhance your account with more options, including ACH and wire payments, adding additional users, and self-service payroll.
As your business grows, you can give account access to people you designate and customize the access they have to your accounts. Payments and transfers. Making payments to businesses and individuals, including contractors and employees is simple. From payments and transfers, select how fast you need the payment to get there, and tell us who you need to pay.
Moving money has never been easier. A list of upcoming payment and transfers is located just where you need it. Alerts. Account alerts deliver notifications to you by email or text message. Security alerts keep you informed and important changes to your accounts. Set up customizable alerts to be notified of low balances, recent deposits, withdrawals over a certain amount, and other account activity.
Whether you choose to bank from your desk, a tablet, or mobile phone, we know you are on the go. BB&T small business online is there when you need it. Log on at BBT.com and get started with BB&T small business online.
Features and benefits
Put Small Business Online to work for your business.
- Mobile-friendly design – Access the same great features whether you're in the office or on the road
- Easy account monitoring – View accounts, make payments and transfer funds
- Convenient notifications – Get text or email alerts about important account activities
- Optional payment services – Move your money quickly with same-day ACH payments
Ready to get started?
What you'll need to open an account
Here's all the information you'll need to open your account online or in a branch. Please note: You'll need this information for each of your business owners, beneficial owners (25% stake or more), and authorized signers. Learn more about the requirements for opening a business account
For the organization
- Federal Tax ID
- Legal business name
- "Doing business as" name, if applicable
- Business incorporation details and issue date
- State registrations, if applicable
- Business address (both physical and mailing addresses)
- Stock or ticker symbol, if publicly traded
For business owners
- Home address
- Date of birth
- Social Security or Tax ID number
- A copy of your government-issued ID (See details about the requirements for your government-issued ID)
- Business title (Controlling Person only)
- Ownership percentage (Beneficial Owners only)
Opening your account at a branch? Before your visit, please complete the Beneficial Ownership Certification (PDF).
Opening your account online? You'll be able to enter the required information in your application.
Ready to get started?
Not convinced that Business Value 500 Checking is right for you?
Select your state
For a complete list of account fees, see our Business Services Pricing Guide (PDF).
See our Commercial Bank Services Agreement (PDF) for more information.
Learn more about your account, including fees and ways you can avoid them.
Business credit cards are subject to business type and credit approval.
BB&T Merchant Services are subject to business type and credit approval. A BB&T Merchant Services qualifying transaction is a payment card settlement (e.g., Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express®, or Discover®) from a BB&T Merchant account deposited to a linked BB&T checking account at least once during the monthly statement cycle.
BB&T debit cards are automatically available for BB&T business checking accounts. BB&T business credit cards are subject to credit approval. The qualifying credit cards are BB&T Visa® Business and BB&T Visa Signature Business. Eligible purchase amount threshold is calculated as follows: the business debit card purchase amount (returns will reduce the purchase amount) from the activity on your last deposit statement combined with the business credit card purchase amount (balance owed) from your last credit card statement. The following transactions performed on debit and/or credit cards do not apply: a) ATM b) refunds, returns or other adjustments c) cash advances or purchases of cash-like items, such as money orders, official checks, traveler's checks, access checks and foreign currency d) balance transfers and convenience checks e) fees of any kind such as cash advance fees, balance transfer fees, late payment fees, annual fees, over-limit fees, foreign transaction fees, insurance charges, returned check fees, enrollment fees, nonsufficient funds (NSF) fees and related service and unauthorized charges.
Combined items represent checks paid, debit and credit memos, deposit tickets, checks deposited, online bill payments, and electronic debits and credits (including debit card transactions).
Fees from your mobile or data carrier may apply.
Only deposit products are FDIC insured.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is a Member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender.