Best if you
- Are a small civic or nonprofit organization
- Have low monthly checking activity
- Need an affordable account with no monthly fees
- No monthly maintenance fees
- No minimum balance requirements
- No charge for coin or currency deposits
BB&T Small Business Online
Powerful online banking services
See how easy it is to manage your business finances from your desktop or mobile devices.
BB&T small business online. BB&T offers powerful online banking services that help you manage the day to day finances of your business, anytime, anywhere. Regardless of the device you're on, BB&T small business online fits the way you prefer to bank. Accounts, transactions, and more, log in to see all of your accounts and balances, as well as recent transactions at a glance.
Easily access frequently used features with simple navigation. Select an account to see your account details all in one place. Check current balance, review pending and post transactions, and view check images, all accessible, whether you're at your desk or on the go. Business services. When you enroll in business services, you enhance your account with more options, including ACH and wire payments, adding additional users, and self-service payroll.
As your business grows, you can give account access to people you designate and customize the access they have to your accounts. Payments and transfers. Making payments to businesses and individuals, including contractors and employees is simple. From payments and transfers, select how fast you need the payment to get there, and tell us who you need to pay.
Moving money has never been easier. A list of upcoming payment and transfers is located just where you need it. Alerts. Account alerts deliver notifications to you by email or text message. Security alerts keep you informed and important changes to your accounts. Set up customizable alerts to be notified of low balances, recent deposits, withdrawals over a certain amount, and other account activity.
Whether you choose to bank from your desk, a tablet, or mobile phone, we know you are on the go. BB&T small business online is there when you need it. Log on at BBT.com and get started with BB&T small business online.
Features and benefits
Put Small Business Online to work for your business.
- Mobile-friendly design – Access the same great features whether you're in the office or on the road
- Easy account monitoring – View accounts, make payments and transfer funds
- Convenient notifications – Get text or email alerts about important account activities
- Optional payment services – Move your money quickly with same-day ACH payments
What you'll need to open an account
Here's all the information you'll need to open your account online or in a branch. Please note: You'll need this information for each of your business owners, beneficial owners (25% stake or more), and authorized signers. Learn more about the requirements for opening a business account
For the organization
- Federal Tax ID
- Legal business name
- "Doing business as" name, if applicable
- Business incorporation details and issue date
- State registrations, if applicable
- Business address (both physical and mailing addresses)
- Stock or ticker symbol, if publicly traded
For business owners
- Home address
- Date of birth
- Social Security or Tax ID number
- A copy of your government-issued ID (See details about the requirements for your government-issued ID)
- Business title (Controlling Person only)
- Ownership percentage (Beneficial Owners only)
Opening your account at a branch? Before your visit, please complete the Beneficial Ownership Certification (PDF).
Opening your account online? You'll be able to enter the required information in your application.
Ready to get started?
Not convinced that Community Checking is right for you?
Select your state
For a complete list of account fees, see our Business Services Pricing Guide (PDF).
See our Commercial Bank Services Agreement (PDF) for more information.
Learn more about your account, including fees and ways you can avoid them.
Business credit cards are subject to business type and credit approval.
BB&T Business Rewards is available only to BB&T Visa Business Credit Card clients with an aggregate company credit line of less than $100,000.
Fees from your mobile or data carrier may apply. A monthly service fee applies if you choose to access your online banking financial data through QuickBooks® or Quicken® Direct Connect.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is a Member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender.