Best if you
- Are a lawyer or law firm associate who manages general (multi-client) trust accounts
- No monthly maintenance fee
- Competitive interest rates
- Direct payment of interest to your state's Bar Foundation
- Access to premium online banking with BB&T CashManager OnLine® and cash management solutions, including Check Image Options, OnSite Deposit—BB&T's remote deposit solution, Fraud Solutions, ACH Origination, Wire Services and many others
- No monthly maintenance fee
- Unlimited transactions
- IOLTA/IOTA/MJIOTA is subject to rules governing attorney trust accounts in the state whose laws govern the account. It's the lawyer's responsibility to pay fees assessed in connection with their IOLTA/IOTA/MJIOTA accounts that are not netted against interest.
Choose the banking service that fits your business needs
Whether your business is large or small, we have a powerful, secure and mobile-friendly way to give you the control and information you need.
Small Business online banking
For small business owners who need basic reporting, payment and transaction tools
U by BB&T® is a good choice for business owners who have:
- 10 or fewer account users
- A lower number of daily transactions
- Basic reporting and transaction needs
- Users who need simple account and transaction alerts
- Conventional ACH, wire transfer, internal account and bill payment requirements
For businesses and organizations who need advanced reporting, payment and transaction tools
BB&T CashManager OnLine® is a good choice for business owners who have:
- More than 10 account users
- A higher number of daily transactions
- More complex reporting and transaction needs
- Users who need a full-featured, customizable event notification tool
- Complex ACH, wire transfer, internal account and bill payment requirements
U by BB&T
Powerful online banking services
Manage your business finances quickly and easily from your desktop or mobile devices.
Welcome to U by BB&T. We created U to make managing your finances fast and easy.
You can do all the basics, like check your balances, transfer money, pay bills, and deposit checks, and we've got some new features we think you'll like, too. Now you have a customizable dashboard with movable tiles, so you see what's important to you.
Get your free credit score, and learn how to improve it to get to the Excellent green zone. Add BB&T deals to earn cash back while you shop. Make your daily coffee start working for you.
Stick to a budget and reach your spending goals with U's plan and analyze features. Your dream vacation can be a reality sooner than you think.
You can store and attach receipts to your transactions to keep track of what you buy, which comes in handy when you need to make a return, and we've partnered with Zelle, so now you can pay your friends back in minutes no matter who they bank with.
Need to talk to someone? Schedule an appointment or connect with your personal banker directly in U.
Want to make sure you have enough money for some extras this month? Quick view your balance on your phone without logging in.
You can see all your financial and investment accounts in one place, not just the ones with BB&T.
So check it out. Come see how U by BB&T makes managing your finances fast and easy. See what U can do for you. [MUSIC PLAYING]
Features and benefits
Put U by BB&T to work for your business.
- All the basics – Check your balances, transfer money, pay bills, deposit checks, set alerts, customize your dashboard and more
- ACH & wire services – Includes direct deposit and federal tax payments
- Multiple user access – Grant access to employees, set account and transaction access levels, set single transaction limits
- Plan & Analyze – Link your outside accounts, categorize transactions, analyze your spending, create a budget and set goals
- My Receipts – Collect, store and manage all your receipts in one place
- Card controls – Choose when, where and how your debit card is used
- Personal payments – Send and receive money the fast, safe and easy way with Zelle®
What you'll need to open an account
Here's all the information you'll need to open your account online or in a branch. Please note: You'll need this information for each of your business owners, beneficial owners (25% stake or more), and authorized signers. Learn more about the requirements for opening a business account
For the organization
- Federal Tax ID
- Legal business name
- "Doing business as" name, if applicable
- Business incorporation details and issue date
- State registrations, if applicable
- Business address (both physical and mailing addresses)
- Stock or ticker symbol, if publicly traded
For business owners
- Home address
- Date of birth
- Social Security or Tax ID number
- A copy of your government-issued ID (See details about the requirements for your government-issued ID)
- Business title (Controlling Person only)
- Ownership percentage (Beneficial Owners only)
Opening your account at a branch? Before your visit, please complete the Beneficial Ownership Certification (PDF).
Opening your account online? You'll be able to enter the required information in your application.
Ready to get started?
Select your state
For a complete list of account fees, see our Business Services Pricing Guide (PDF).
See our Commercial Bank Services Agreement (PDF) for more information.
Learn more about your account, including fees and ways you can avoid them.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is a Member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is now Truist Bank. Learn more.
BB&T and SunTrust have merged to become Truist. Both institutions will continue to offer independent product lines for a period of time. This may include differing underwriting guidelines, product features, terms, fees and pricing. Our friendly teammates at your local SunTrust branches will be happy to walk you through their respective products. You can also learn more by contacting them at 800-SUNTRUST or SunTrust.com.