Best if you
- Are a lawyer or law firm associate who manages general (multi-client) trust accounts
- No monthly maintenance fee
- Competitive interest rates
- Direct payment of interest to your state's Bar Foundation
- Access to premium online banking with BB&T CashManager OnLine® and cash management solutions, including Check Image Options, OnSite Deposit—BB&T's remote deposit solution, Fraud Solutions, ACH Origination, Wire Services and many others
- No monthly maintenance fee
- Unlimited transactions
- IOLTA/IOTA/MJIOTA is subject to rules governing attorney trust accounts in the state whose laws govern the account. It's the lawyer's responsibility to pay fees assessed in connection with their IOLTA/IOTA/MJIOTA accounts that are not netted against interest.
Choose the banking service that fits your business needs
Whether your business is large or small, we have a powerful, secure and mobile-friendly way to give you the control and information you need.
Small Business Online
For small business owners who need basic reporting, payment and transaction tools
BB&T Small Business Online® is a good choice for business owners who have:
- 10 or fewer account users
- A lower number of daily transactions
- Basic reporting and transaction needs
- Users who need simple account and transaction alerts
- Conventional ACH, wire transfer, internal account and bill payment requirements
For businesses and organizations who need advanced reporting, payment and transaction tools
BB&T CashManager OnLine® is a good choice for business owners who have:
- More than 10 account users
- A higher number of daily transactions
- More complex reporting and transaction needs
- Users who need a full-featured, customizable event notification tool
- Complex ACH, wire transfer, internal account and bill payment requirements
What you'll need to open an account
Here's all the information you'll need to open your account online or in a branch. Please note: You'll need this information for each of your business owners, beneficial owners (25% stake or more), and authorized signers. Learn more about the requirements for opening a business account
For the organization
- Federal Tax ID
- Legal business name
- "Doing business as" name, if applicable
- Business incorporation details and issue date
- State registrations, if applicable
- Business address (both physical and mailing addresses)
- Stock or ticker symbol, if publicly traded
For business owners
- Home address
- Date of birth
- Social Security or Tax ID number
- A copy of your government-issued ID (See details about the requirements for your government-issued ID)
- Business title (Controlling Person only)
- Ownership percentage (Beneficial Owners only)
Opening your account at a branch? Before your visit, please complete the Beneficial Ownership Certification (PDF).
Opening your account online? You'll be able to enter the required information in your application.
Ready to get started?
Select your state
For a complete list of account fees, see our Business Services Pricing Guide (PDF).
See our Commercial Bank Services Agreement (PDF) for more information.
Learn more about your account, including fees and ways you can avoid them.
Branch Banking and Trust Company is a Member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender.